Yum Yum Cake

Reaction score
I was searching online for some new cake ideas and this cake by virtue of its name immediately caught my attention. That is is quick and seemingly was also a further catch for me. Here goes.

Recipe Details Yields: 8x8" cake
Prep time: 10mins Tags: Diary free,
Bake time: 35mins Fun to make with kids, quick &easy
Total time: 45mins Travels well, Vegan

1-1/2 cup flour
3 T cup sugar
3 T cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 T oil
1 T vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup water

Directions:

1. In 8x8" baking pan mix, flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt.
2. Make 3 holes to which is added the oil, vinegar, and vanilla
3. Pour water over above and mix well with a fork
4. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
5. Yummy plain or with vanilla ice cream.

I am eager to try it. In the meantime I welcome any warnings going in:). I am still crawling when it comes to anything from scratch. Hence I welcome any tips or tricks to get this right.

Reaction score
Hey there? Did you try it yet? That cake sounds very good, but did I read right? Just 5 T oil? Have never tried making a cake using so little oil :O

Reaction score
Hey there? Did you try it yet? That cake sounds very good, but did I read right? Just 5 T oil? Have never tried making a cake using so little oil :O

I will double check but I am pretty sure I copied the recipe correctly. I feel like I gave that a second look as well but I don't doubt that part. I was hoping to try it today but my cocoa..looks more like "go go" get rid of. It's all stuck together and I am not up to running out and trying to find one at the corner shop. A little lazy today.

The part that concerns me about the recipe is the holes and finishing off with the fork. Novice concerns are creeping in. Anyway, once I try it I will come back with a report favourable or otherwise.

Reaction score
Cool, let me know how it goes! By the way, I found the most interesting piñata cookies ever, will post the recipe here later, in case you wanna take a look!

Ask a Question