Choosing the Right Zester for Perfect Citrus Zest

Reaction score
I never thought I'd need something so frivolous sounding, I scoff at potato peelers and the link, but I think I need one of these, because zesting on the grater is not doing it.

So, does anyone have any recommendations as to what to look for in a zester? If I come home with a glorified grater and keep getting citrusy mush I think I might cry.

Reaction score
Look for one with laser etched holes, they work a lot better than the ones with holes just punched into them - such as what you typically see on box graters. All those do is just get clogged up and waste a lot of product. I have a few small ones actually, since some seem to work better with stuff like garlic and nutmeg, while others work better within things like lemons and limes.

With regards to potato peelers, if you have a good potato ricer, you don't even need to peel the potatoes after cooking them. Just throw them in whole and the insides will smash out perfectly.

Ask a Question