Zucchini bread- dry

Reaction score
I usually have no problems baking zucchini bread. However, my last two batches the bread has been on the dry side. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The recipe I used is the same one I've been using for years. I just can't figure out what I'm doing different.

Reaction score
Hmm...that is very strange.
Zucchini bread usually has the opposite problem!
Did the zucchini seem dry when you were shredding it?

Reaction score
I know some recipes tell you to squeeze as much water as possible out of the zucchini, even letting it sit for awhile, but I have never done that. I also tend to use more shredded zucchini than the required amount. Sometimes it leaves it tasting more 'vegetable-like' than my husband would prefer, but I figure the more veggies the better! Maybe more zucchini and un-drained would help you get the moisture you're looking for. I have used honey as a replacement for sugar and this also seems to make it moist. Also, make sure you oven temp isn't too high.

Reaction score
My mom's secret to get sweet breads to be moist and yummy (almost cake-like) is to use coconut milk. You might want to try it in one batch, if you like it, you can use that trick regularly. Even corn bread will come out moist by adding coconut milk to it. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
I have never made the cake without having issues myself. My mother in law told me to add a slight bit more veggies to the batter that way itll be moist and not dry. I have since tried baking anymore.

Ask a Question