Baking with Zucchini: Tips and Recipes

Reaction score
A friend just gave me some zucchini but I've never had it before and have no idea how to bake with it. I think I want to make a cake or bread of some sort. If you have any recipes or tips please share.

Reaction score
Prettyinpink here is a recipe that i found online, you can try it and see if it's to your liking...it does sounds delicious.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
  • Prep time: 15 minutes
  • Cook time: 55 minutes
  • Yield: Makes 2 loaves.
Save Recipe
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 cups grated fresh zucchini
  • 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
METHOD
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter two 5 by 9 inch loaf pans.

2 In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter.

3 Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and stir it in. Add the flour, a third at a time, stirring after each incorporation. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg over the batter and mix. Fold in the nuts and dried cranberries or raisins if using.

4 Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.

Reaction score
Prettyinpink here is a recipe that i found online, you can try it and see if it's to your liking...it does sounds delicious.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
  • Prep time: 15 minutes
  • Cook time: 55 minutes
  • Yield: Makes 2 loaves.
Save Recipe
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 cups grated fresh zucchini
  • 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
METHOD
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter two 5 by 9 inch loaf pans.

2 In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter.

3 Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and stir it in. Add the flour, a third at a time, stirring after each incorporation. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and nutmeg over the batter and mix. Fold in the nuts and dried cranberries or raisins if using.

4 Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes (check for doneness at 50 minutes) or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.
Thank you! I did find a delicious chocolate zucchini cake recipe that I had tried and it worked out great. I'm excited to try the bread next!

Reaction score
Thank you! I did find a delicious chocolate zucchini cake recipe that I had tried and it worked out great. I'm excited to try the bread next!
It's great to know that your chocolate zucchini cake was a success; I wish you the same luck with your bread.

Reaction score
I also make zucchini pickles. They are a big hit. When we have family, friends, or any other event, I MUST bring them. I got the recipe from Ball Blue Bell Book of Preserving.

Ask a Question