Best Meal to have with Corn Bread?

Reaction score
I am sure some might like to eat their corn bread by itself, but others might enjoy having that corn bread with a meal. I am one of them I like to have my corn bread with a nice warm bowl of chili. It adds a little more taste to my meal and most importantly it just tastes really good. So what are some of the meals that you all like to enjoy your corn bread with or do you just enjoy eating it by itself?

Reaction score
Bean soup (or any hearty homemade soup for that matter) is enhanced with corn bread, definitely. I like my homemade corn bread mixed with 1/2 the jar of corn salsa from Trader Joe's which kicks it up and adds additional corn flavor. I don't like boxed corn bread so it has to be from scratch.

Reaction score
My friend always makes jalapeno corn bread and chili. It is a delicious combination! I love having it together!
Here's a recipe for jalapeno corn bread:
Ingredients:
1 (8.35 ounce) can creamstyle corn
1 cup yellow corn meal
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup corn oil
3 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
3 eggs
2 jalapeno peppers (minced)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tablespoons butter
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Mix cream style corn, corn meal, buttermilk, corn oil, cheddar cheese, eggs, jalapeno peppers, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
Butter a 9 inch baking pan
Pour the batter in the baking dish
Bake in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.

Reaction score
Soups and stews are really good with cornbread. A lot of people like to take their cornbread and put it in their bowl of soup or stew. Another one is black eyed peas and any beans, navy, pinto, great northern, etc.

Reaction score
I like cornbread with chili and bean soup. I could get cornbread with any meal. I had cornbread with just about every dinner as a kind. It's was a staple in my family.

Ask a Question