Non-Stick Free Cake Pans: Do They Exist?

Reaction score
I try to avoid having non stick surfaces come in contact with my food because I am concerned about he toxic substances getting into it. This poses me an little difficulty with round cake pans. All the ones I have and that my mom had had non stick on them, so we would put parchment paper in it to keep the cake safe. But the folds of the paper make the edges not perfect when they come out. This can be hidden with frosting, but I might not always want to frost. Do they make cake pans that don't have non stick on them?

Reaction score
They do where I live, but they are harder to find. So far I think I have only seen said pans being sold at one place only, it seems non-stick pans are taking over the market. I am actually going to go there and grab 3 of those pans (different sizes). Have you tried ordering them online? That might be the solution? I have no issues with those metal pans, as long as you prepare the pan for the baking process well (enough butter to cover the entire pan and try to cover every bit with flour, then tapping it a bit in order for the extra flour to show up so you can get rid of it).

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've bought cake pans, or any pans, really, and I didn't realize they were now coated with nonstick material. I tend to try to buy as high quality products as I can when I need something, and I've had my current cake pans (I have quite a variety) for years. I agree with @Trellum, try looking around online for some without the coating, and if you can, buy a few extras, that way you'll be all set for a while, at least.

Reaction score
I was lucky I could fine mine at a local store, but I really thing they will be gone soon. It's such a shame we are being exposed to so many nasty chemicals. Just yesterday I was a bit sad after hearing most nail polishes are loaded with some really nasty cancer inducing chemicals, like for example toluene.

Reaction score
I was lucky I could fine mine at a local store, but I really thing they will be gone soon. It's such a shame we are being exposed to so many nasty chemicals. Just yesterday I was a bit sad after hearing most nail polishes are loaded with some really nasty cancer inducing chemicals, like for example toluene.
I know, I can spell the danger just opening the bottle. I actually can't use nail polish at all because my nails are too porous or something and so when I remove the polish, the solvents in the remover get into the nail and severely weaken the bonds between the layers of fingernail and they start peeling so badly it's difficult to keep a non-painful length of nail for up to several months after a few rounds of nail polish.

Reaction score
I know, I can spell the danger just opening the bottle. I actually can't use nail polish at all because my nails are too porous or something and so when I remove the polish, the solvents in the remover get into the nail and severely weaken the bonds between the layers of fingernail and they start peeling so badly it's difficult to keep a non-painful length of nail for up to several months after a few rounds of nail polish.

I as so sad over that the other day, apparently one must stay away from the toxic trio: Toluene, Formaldehyde and DBT. Wow, sorry to hear that! It indeed sounds so painful!!!! You weren't joking the last time you said your nail were porous, ouch! Now I understand why you have chosen to refrain from using nail polish, I'd have done the same!

Reaction score
I have a single nail that is like that all the time. It has been like that for all of my life and the only solution I have come up with to stop it flaking is to use superglue. The kind that they use for stitches nowadays. You leave it on as a layer and it works really well for stopping it flaking.

Reaction score
Have you looked at pans made by Fat Daddio? They aren't coated. They are anodized.

Ask a Question