Checkered Cakes

Reaction score
30-cake-046-copy-e1317006574428.jpg

This article has very clear instructions on how to make a checkered cake, complete with pictures. You supply the cake recipe :)

http://www.meganscookin.com/how-to-make-a-checkered-cake

Reaction score
I really like the last picture at that link...the cake with the pastel colors. I know it's not a traditional checkered cake, but it it's so pretty!!

Reaction score
Wow! This cake could possibly be a great talking point! It's something that people wouldn't be able to see until they cut in to it, so it'd be a great surprise. I'd love to make a cake like this one day!

Reaction score
Aaahhh so that's how it's done!! I'd always wondered. Looks a little tricky but I'd love to give it a go sometime. Have you tried doing one Soliloquy?

Reaction score
That looks like a lot of work. I wouldn't do it. I'm not an expert baker. It's just a hobby for me. If I tried to do all that cutting and assembling, my cake would look like a mess.

Reaction score
I made a checkered cake with different colors and it turned out amazing. I just used a white cake mix and put it in different bowls and added food coloring and then just did the checkered design and baked. It really is a lot easier than you would think. Once you mater it try doing different colors and different patterns to see what you come up with. The possibilities truly are unlimited.

Ask a Question