Cheese stuffed French bread.

Reaction score
A few years ago at a farmers market I came across a white bread stuffed with mozzarella cheese and topped with salt. It was amazing. I've thought of that bread often. Recently my fiance was having a rough day so I decided to make him some French bread (his favorite). This my favorite recipe. Half way through I decided that I would try and stuff it with cheese. What came out was way better than I expected, but oh man was it good. I used cheddar cheese because it was all I had at the time. Turned out so yummy!!

po4fvyxv0o1gwdp.jpg

poa1143bww1gwdp.jpg

poh4233sao1gwdp.jpg

Reaction score
You gotta love the little jewels you find in those place! I have found some of the most delicious things in those markets, I heard they have something similar where I will be living. I ought to try going there.

Reaction score
JamieRose welcome to the forum. This sounds like something I would love to get my hands on although I keep saying I need to stay away from bread. You know how fattening they say it is, so for that reason I try to stay away with little success. I can eat bread and cheese everyday if you let me. Melt it in a french bread and it has to be crazy good. I am yet to bake bread like this. In some ways I find it intimidating.

Reaction score
JamieRose welcome to the forum. This sounds like something I would love to get my hands on although I keep saying I need to stay away from bread. You know how fattening they say it is, so for that reason I try to stay away with little success. I can eat bread and cheese everyday if you let me. Melt it in a french bread and it has to be crazy good. I am yet to bake bread like this. In some ways I find it intimidating.
I probably should have been more intimidated by bread making than I was. I just sort of looked it up and did it. Blind luck and a bit of through reading go a long way. Thanks for the welcome. I try and keep most of my bread making in the whole wheat department. It makes me feel better about eating it. But a good white french bread is a weakness.

Reaction score
I love discovering new foods a farmer's markets and on food trucks. The all business can make the best foods around. I have never tried doing it, but I would not imagine it would be hard to stuff some bread with cheese and pop it in the oven. I am not the best bread maker so I have to conquer that first.

Reaction score
Just when I thought french bread couldn't get any better! This sounds so delicious, I might have to try it. I can imagine having this with a nice bowl of homemade soup, or with a delicious salad, yummy! How much cheese did you stuff it with, and did you put it in right before it went into the oven?

Reaction score
I just actually made a recipe similar to this the otherday, smash hit. All pieces got eaten and we had it along with chunky vegetable soups with milk/cream. Came out very nice. I love having that taste in the bread, and then dipping the bread.

Reaction score
Just when I thought french bread couldn't get any better! This sounds so delicious, I might have to try it. I can imagine having this with a nice bowl of homemade soup, or with a delicious salad, yummy! How much cheese did you stuff it with, and did you put it in right before it went into the oven?
About a half a cup.... I didn't measure exactly. Just about two handfuls. I put the cheese in then let them proof for another 15/20 mins. Then into the oven.

Reaction score
your stuffed French bread sounds delicious,i do plan on baking some french bread soon,it will be my 3rd attempt at it,I'm batting .500,one came out great and the 2nd try was a total failure :)

but i'm not scared lol the first one was great,I'm thinking of doing your cheese stuffed one with some jalapenos ,that should be good for the heart burn lol

do you have a link for the French Bread ? I have a couple,but i'm not sure which one was the good one either :)

Reaction score
your stuffed French bread sounds delicious,i do plan on baking some french bread soon,it will be my 3rd attempt at it,I'm batting .500,one came out great and the 2nd try was a total failure :)

but i'm not scared lol the first one was great,I'm thinking of doing your cheese stuffed one with some jalapenos ,that should be good for the heart burn lol

do you have a link for the French Bread ? I have a couple,but i'm not sure which one was the good one either :)

Sure thing! Here is the link. Enjoy! :)

Jalapenos and cheese sound delicious! I can barely keep the french bread around after it comes out of the oven. It would probably disappear in moments if it had jalapenos and cheese in it! mmm

Reaction score
I'm not totally sure,but i think this was the one that came out good,it is a video,if some of ya'll would,please take a look at it and see what you think :) and thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

Ask a Question