Chocolate Cake

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. I'm really glad to join this forum. By the way, regards the chocolate cake, I just use a hand-mixer for baking. My problem is the bread of the cake is not rising properly, it's like a big brownies when baked. I tried following different recipes like this one I don't know if this is allowed but here
http://www.veenaartofcakes.com/simple-yet-moist-chocolate-cake/
then based on her pictures, the cake has risen properly.

Reaction score
Hi Jenny and welcome to the forum!

Hmmm I'm not sure why you are having trouble, is it just this recipe that results in a bad rise? If it's not the recipe, then the only other thing I can think of is that if you open your oven before at least 3/4 of the baking time has elapsed then it can cause the structure of the cake to collapse - to be honest it's best not to open your oven at all if you can help it.

Reaction score
If you are planning to make it again, try adding one more egg. Brownies have less eggs than cakes and I believe that is one of the primary reasons that they are more fishy than cake like.

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. I'm really glad to join this forum. By the way, regards the chocolate cake, I just use a hand-mixer for baking. My problem is the bread of the cake is not rising properly, it's like a big brownies when baked. I tried following different recipes like this one I don't know if this is allowed but here
http://www.veenaartofcakes.com/simple-yet-moist-chocolate-cake/
then based on her pictures, the cake has risen properly.

I think you might be over mixing it... you must be mixing the batter for a little too long. When you do that you help to the formation of gluten, so those tiny strands might be making your cake heavier. Usually I first mix all the ingredients together lightly, then mix them for 30 to 60 second max. I do that by hand, with a mixer can be less.

Reaction score
wow thanks for your inputs. I think I'm over mixing it. I didn't have a formal class in baking, I just usually watch youtube videos or try following recipes online. I'll try doing it again

do you have recipes on making chocolate sponge cakes?

Reaction score
Rather than going for a chocolate cake:eek: I always prefer having the blackforest cake ..Guys last day on my visit to Aberdeen I do have this awesome treat from my nanny.I think its far different from that of our recipes...Please make a try on this and do let me know the result:cool:

Attachments

• Black Forest Cake Gateau   My Kitchen Palate.png
    Black Forest Cake Gateau My Kitchen Palate.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 379

Ask a Question