chocolate praline dacquoise cake

Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to research how to make a chocolate layer cake filled with a dacquoise layer, chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache and praline crunch. Does anyone have any tips on making this? I heard its a rather tough french dessert to master but I really wanna make it for my parents party.. I'm not entirely sure which recipe to use either cause so many are in french :/

Reaction score
I made a German meringue cake back in High School with meringue layers and mousse filling, with the center hollowed out and some kind of fruit filling.

It was SO hard making those meringue layers because I couldn't use just a plain pan, it had to be coated with buttered waxed paper.

There is also a meringue cookie called a Chocolate Chewie that I love, and it too is easy to make, but difficult to bake, because if you don't use the right coatings and waxed paper, it is like baked on glue.

The point is, anything with meringue is going to need a lot of attention and consideration when working with it.

If you can find some videos to watch on making this cake, then I would watch a couple of them to get a good idea of what to expect while you are making this.

Reaction score
@Becky Okay, I think I will. Thanks so much :)
@ChesterV ohhhh okay. I've already watched quite a few youtube videos actually! Including the one done by ATK. Do I have to butter the wax paper on both sides?

Reaction score
@Becky Okay, I think I will. Thanks so much :)
@ChesterV ohhhh okay. I've already watched quite a few youtube videos actually! Including the one done by ATK. Do I have to butter the wax paper on both sides?

I think it depends on what kind of container you are baking in. Some people will just butter the side that touches the cake or cookie, and some will butter both sides of the paper, so it doesn't dry out and stick or burn.

But thats up to you.

For me, I just butter the side that the cake or cookie will be on.

Ask a Question