Cream Horn

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make cream horns? I had one at a bakery and it was really amazing. I don't care so much about the shape, but if anyone knows how to make something similar I would love a recipe. I tried to look it up on-line but the recipe I found seemed pretty complicated.

Reaction score
These are delicious and I think a fair amount of work to make but I don't think you will find this recipe complicated. I used to have a recipe from my ex MIL but have misplaced it. This one I found online looks like a good one and if memory serves me right, its quite similar to the recipe I had. Hope this link helps: http://www.asimplehomecook.com/cream-horns/

Reaction score
You know, I don't think I've ever had these from a bakery. How do they compare to "lobster tails" (the pastry, not the crustacean)? They do look softer.

Reaction score
They are pretty much the same if not the same thing. The may vary in size or just be called different things on the west and east coasts. I've had both and I think the lobster tail was just bigger. I've only had it one place though so it could just be that place makes it big.

Thanks for the recipe!!!!

Reaction score
Those look delicious but a little intimidating to make.
I'm scared of making anything involving puff pastry because it seems fragile, like it would be hard to work with.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Does anyone know how to make cream horns? I had one at a bakery and it was really amazing. I don't care so much about the shape, but if anyone knows how to make something similar I would love a recipe. I tried to look it up on-line but the recipe I found seemed pretty complicated.

Well only a few years late but I just joined here. So anyway here's a perfect site with great response time, step by step recipe with many photos and a lot of short-cuts and options. Go to valastasteofhome.com Sure hope that helps. Bone Aptite.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well I made my very first Cream Horns pretty much like the recipe but used "Redi-Whip" instead of making the recipe filling. They tasted fantastic. I froze 9 of them and since had a few that I thawed out and they were delicious as well.

Reaction score
They look great! Given the fact that you're new to baking they are very impressive :D

Ask a Question