Cupcake Wrappers

Reaction score
In another thread about glass cupcake pans, @Zyni reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting. I didn;t want to hijack that thread so I started this one.

How do you keep cupcake wrappers from fading. I usually use white wrappers. When I seldom use pastel colored wrappers they fade, but I don't care much because I'm probably just experimenting with some recipe. BUT the times I have used special occasion wrappers they fade. What I started doing was plopping them in new wrappers but they don't fit the same. I know I can use those wrapper covers, but it's just a hassle sometimes. I usually buy these wrappers by Wilton so it kind of sucks that they fade.

Do you use colored wrappers? Do they fade?

Reaction score
Sadly yeah, when I use the bright colored ones the colors tend to fade :( I thought it was all about the quality, I get mine at Walmart... To be honest I have no idea what the deal is. Kinda glad I don't bake cupcakes so often anymore.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with fading but I haven't really tried different ways to stop it....I don't do cupcakes super often so it's not a problem I encounter very regularly. That really sucks that the Wilton ones are bad, too, though as they aren't the cheapest thing ever. What a shame.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I was upset. I thought buying Wilton this would not happen because you know...WILTON. But nope. And they have a line of wrappers that are SUPER pretty. Very bright and fun, but a tad pricier than their regular colored ones. I dont want to buy them if they're going to fade too.

Reaction score
I found some cupcake wrappers at Michael's Crafts that are good quality and do not really fade all that bad. They are more expensive, but if you are presenting your baked goods to guests or at a party, it is well worth the money spent. The ones that I have found that fade the worst are the Reynold's ones that you find in the baking section of the grocery store. My cupcakes always seem to bleed through them and you have a yellow or brown bottom, and a faded pastel top.

Reaction score
I am only using white wrappers for my cupcakes because I had noticed it before wherein I bought for my stock many colored wrappers and since I am not using it all what was left truly fades with the passage of time. That is why I decided not to use colored wrappers anymore for my cupcakes. But well like what had been said here maybe I should buy a good quality instead. :)

Reaction score
Thanks! I tried the Reynold's too and was upset. I mean their aluminum paper holds super well so I thought the liners would be ok.

Ask a Question