CupCakes are having holes after baked

Reaction score
Hello to all of you here in this forum!

I'm writing on behalf of my mother :) , the cup cakes are getting little holes after being baked as you can see in the picture below .

Any reason for that ?

cup_cake.jpg

Reaction score
I can think of two things:
- Did you open the oven door a lot while they were baking?
- Or (most like) the portion of the baking power/soda used.

Reaction score
I can think of two things:
- Did you open the oven door a lot while they were baking?
- Or (most like) the portion of the baking power/soda used.

Agree. I think that may be an oven door opening result. It happened to my best friend once. She said she was excited because it was her first time and she wanted to make sure they didn't burn. Her light bulb in the oven had gone out so she kept checking on them. 'but I open the door only a bit and really quickly!' LOLOL She's so silly but I love her.

Reaction score
They look like bubbles in the batter which have burst, so I'd say there was perhaps too much raising agent in the mix. When a recipe calls for, say, 1 tsp of raising agent, it means one level 5ml teaspoon, so it might be worth checking whether she used a heaped teaspoon.

Has this happened across all recipes or just this one? May just be that the recipe calls for too much raising agent!

Reaction score
Agree. I think that may be an oven door opening result. It happened to my best friend once. She said she was excited because it was her first time and she wanted to make sure they didn't burn. Her light bulb in the oven had gone out so she kept checking on them. 'but I open the door only a bit and really quickly!' LOLOL She's so silly but I love her.
hahah we all get excited when we're baking not gonna lie I've done that before :)

Ask a Question