Do You Have a Food Addiction?

Reaction score
Salted peanuts (in the shell), pizza, and spice drops! Anything less than a 3 pound bag of peanuts won't last the day. I can eat two large pizzas in one sitting, while watching a couple of movies. Spice drops, gone...the whole bag.

I stay away from these things until I'm prepared to deal with the consequences. I won't eat anything at all when I know that I'm going to order pizza later in the day.

Reaction score
I LOVE ethnic foods! I just love trying different flavors! Recently I have been in the mood for Thai or Indian food. I just love curry! However, my comfort food recently has been mashed potatoes, mac 'n cheese, and quesadillas!

Reaction score
I recently came off a Keto diet which involved my fasting quite a bit, but until I began that diet I didn't realize how often I would eat. I ate all the time, whether I was bored or doing something that could easily involve eating. I always ate. Since my diet I have cut down on eating a lot, and possible overcame what may have been a food addiction.
I just started Atkins so I won't be doing much baking over the summer. I am doing Atkins as an emergency measure because of my diabetes and high blood pressure so that I can still eat sugar in the future.

I know Atkins is no way to live, not a life plan and the only way you lose weight is if you change your life style so while I punish myself for getting fat and not doing this sooner I will be working out manageable life changes. Atkins has taught me to pay attentin to what I eat and how awful some of the things I love really are.

Reaction score
I LOVE ethnic foods! I just love trying different flavors! Recently I have been in the mood for Thai or Indian food. I just love curry! However, my comfort food recently has been mashed potatoes, mac 'n cheese, and quesadillas!

I love mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. My daughter came up with the idea of making pizza quesadillas, by putting all the pizza ingredients in quesadillas and they were pretty good. I saw a recipe for pizza grilled cheese sandwiches that I want to try sometime.

Reaction score
I know Atkins is no way to live, not a life plan and the only way you lose weight is if you change your life style so while I punish myself for getting fat and not doing this sooner I will be working out manageable life changes. Atkins has taught me to pay attentin to what I eat and how awful some of the things I love really are.

Off-topic: You can eat like a pig on the Atkins diet and still lose lots of weight and get your blood pressure down. I lost a significant amount of weight when I did it for almost a month. The only reason I stopped was because I couldn't afford to buy those types of foods so much. Sometimes I had a big steak, a pile of vegetables, and three fried eggs for breakfast...that didn't feel like punishment at all!

Reaction score
I would have to say Chocolate. I pretty much have to eat it everyday. But most of it contains too much sugar or fat for me. I stumbled upon a Chocolate covered Fiber bar from trader Joes that has only 6 grams of sugar and 10 percent fat. So if I have one of those a day, I can stay away from the unhealthier chocolates.

Reaction score
I think I am addicted to all kinds of food. Depends on the mood and the moment. I will forever love rotisserie chicken though. Whenever we go to the market, we will be around the corner from the butcher's and the smell of roasted chicken is already wafting through the air at 9am! And this is in both sides of the market, so whichever direction we take, the smell of roasted chicken just makes me dream of potato chips, homemade mayonnaise and a rotisserie farm chicken with all its wonderful chicken grease sliding on my arms.

Reaction score
Chicken wings! I know it's strange because most people over eat sweet treats, but I think I am seriously addicted to chicken wings. There are so many delicious variations, flavors, and styles, I feel like I have to try them all. I could literally eat three or four dozen small wings in one sitting. My absolute favorite chicken wing is hot honey mustard dipped in blue cheese. I also could possibly addicted to blue cheese, which is bad because when I am craving blue cheese I whip up a batch of chicken wings so I have something to eat with it.

Reaction score
I recently became obsessed with Sriracha. I thought that Tabasco sauce was the best hot sauce, but Sriracha is like Tabasco's gorgeous Asian cousin.
I feel like putting it on everything. I've even been pinning recipes on Pinterest for desserts that use Sriracha, It is the bomb and I finally get why people are hooked on it.

Reaction score
I try very hard not to consume too much food in one sitting but I cannot get enough of fresh mozzarella cheese. I'm not talking about the block mozzarella near the rest of the cheese. I'm talking about the mozzarella cheese in a seperate area (usually with gourmet cheese).

My kids and I made our own pizza tonight. I simmered the sauce in bay leaves that I bought in an Indian food mart. I found they are much stronger in scent and flavor from an ethnic store. Then we spread the entire pizza in almost a pound of fresh mozzarella cheese and fresh mushrooms. It turned out so good that my son (5 yrs old) ate nearly the entire pizza. He said it was the best pizza ever! :p

Are you addicted to a specific type of food?
Hmmmm...I would have to say sugar. It's something that I obviously bake with and is added to a lot of stuff. I stopped putting it in my coffee and I don't add it to juices or tea, but I would say it is one of the things that I have a hard time giving up. A true addiction!

Reaction score
I've an addiction for sweet things, specially chocolates, cakes, muffins, cookies, etc

Reaction score
Yes! I'm addicted to all sorts of baked goods; cookies, cakes, breads. When I make a batch I just can't stop eating until its all gone. Its a terribly bad habit, but I tend to make small batches now so that I can eat them all without having to worry about it, since I only make enough that is normal to eat in one sitting.

Reaction score
I have many weaknesses which is a constant battle to try to use in moderation, chocolate, peanut butter, cheese, are just to name a few of my most tempting. But my main addiction is caramel. I have a weakness for it that is just silly in its extreme. I keep little caramels in my purse just to curb the urge sometimes.

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday, when I was cleaning the refrigerator, that I have a hot sauce addiction. I found 5 assorted bottles in there, because I use difference hot sauces for different jobs.
Any other hot sauce fans?

Reaction score
I am addicted to carbs in the worst way. One bite sends me off into a food frenzy. I had to give up sugar and am low carbing it these days. I feel better but still miss that sugar high.

Reaction score
I try hard not to! Sometimes I will give in though, I have days when I'd like to eat anything and everything. Then other days when I don't feel like eating anything.

Nutella, pizza and marzipan would have to be foods that I couldn't stop eating though! Not all together, although I did see marzipan and Nutella on the internet last night... I'll find a photo.

There!

stock-photo-20891486-nutella-and-marzipan-dumplings.jpg

Reaction score
I am in love with cinnamon! It is my all time favorite spice! You can throw it about anything and it will still taste good. Mixing it with just plain old sugar results in a unforgettable combination that makes even the pickiest eaters jump for joy. I probably add it to half the things i bake, and a few things I regularly cook.

Reaction score
Yeah, peanut butter. If I buy a jar I usually end up finding myself eating half of it before the day is over, depending on the size.

Reaction score
I can't eat peanut butter by itself, or even too thick. Maybe it's the type I buy, but I always find it tastes plasticky and less is definitely more in my opinion!

Reaction score
I love Macaroni and Cheese. It is the absolute best, in my opinion. If you put some Mac and Cheese in front of me, I will eat it like nothing else. I don't know why, but I love it. I have yet to find a Mac and Cheese I don't like.

Is it an addiction? I am not sure, but I do eat on it over time when I have it.

Ask a Question