Does the oven have anything to do?

Reaction score
Hey there, I've been asking myself this question for a while and I do not really know the answer, that's why I'd like to ask you guys if every oven is different and if these definitely are, what are the facts that make every oven different to the others?

Reaction score
There are a lot of things that make ovens different, which is why you will see all sorts of price ranges when you are looking for one. I will not pretend to all of them or that I am an expert when it comes to even using the oven, but things like rack placement and overall space matter a lot. You have to think about convection features and the broiler, and sometimes there are heating elements on the side of them. All kinds of things, for the short answer.

Reaction score
Like most appliances, there are different ones made for different reasons.

Most ovens are made "standard", which means they basically heat up to cook something.
Some ovens are a bit more specialized, as they may have "extras"....which can be anything from having a light inside the oven, to being convection (which means there is a fan inside the oven circulating the air).
There are also differences in the way they cook or bake. There are electric ones, gas ones, light sourced ones, and microwave ones.

Some ovens are made for baking, some are made more for broiling or roasting, and some are made for slow cooking.

Depending on what your main intentions are for needing an oven, will be the basis for what kind of oven you should have.

Now dishwashers on the other hand.....................

Never understood why there has to be 200 different kinds, when all it really does is just wash dishes. You stick your dishes in there, press a button or turn a dial, and it washes the dishes.
No reason to have more than one kind.

Reaction score

Never understood why there has to be 200 different kinds, when all it really does is just wash dishes. You stick your dishes in there, press a button or turn a dial, and it washes the dishes.

I actually saw something online a while back about that!

http://lifehacker.com/fancy-dishwasher-features-that-aren-t-worth-the-extra-c-1781980273

Not worth all the extra money some people pay for unnecessary dishwashing features!

Reaction score
Like most appliances, there are different ones made for different reasons.

Most ovens are made "standard", which means they basically heat up to cook something.
Some ovens are a bit more specialized, as they may have "extras"....which can be anything from having a light inside the oven, to being convection (which means there is a fan inside the oven circulating the air).
There are also differences in the way they cook or bake. There are electric ones, gas ones, light sourced ones, and microwave ones.

Some ovens are made for baking, some are made more for broiling or roasting, and some are made for slow cooking.

Depending on what your main intentions are for needing an oven, will be the basis for what kind of oven you should have.

Same here, that's kind of a diffucult thing to understand, however, we'll always end up buying the conventional one which is the most used oven by everybody worldwide. Thank you for your answer though.

Ask a Question