Easiest. Bread. Ever.

Reaction score
Alright, so I was looking up easy bread recipes with self-rising flour (got a bunch in my cabinet at the moment), and I stumbled upon this.

3 cups of self-rising flour
1 beer (12 oz.)

Mix ingredients together. Form loaf and put in baking pan, cookie sheet, whatever.
Brush some olive oil on top if desired. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.

It's that easy, folks. And it's the best bread I have ever baked (still learning in the bread department, haha). It has a really strong beer flavor though. It's not overbearing, I actually find it to be quite pleasant, but it's a dense bread (with a fantastic crust!) that probably would go best with soups or deli sandwiches, maybe. I absolutely LOVED it fresh out of the oven with some butter spread on it though. I was also thinking that based on the texture of the crust and the flavor of the bread, it might actually make for a good Chicago-style deep dish pizza crust. I'm going to try it sometime. Mm, now I'm hungry.

This is hands down my favorite new recipe.

Reaction score
Now that is the most interesting bread recipe I have even seen. I wonder if you use a lighter beer if you can make the beer taste less strong. I think I want to experiment since I know some folks I would like to try this on. I am not a drinker, but I practice buying some of the lighter ales or organic brews for my guests. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Now that is the most interesting bread recipe I have even seen. I wonder if you use a lighter beer if you can make the beer taste less strong. I think I want to experiment since I know some folks I would like to try this on. I am not a drinker, but I practice buying some of the lighter ales or organic brews for my guests. Thanks again!
Hey no problem. That's actually a really good idea--perhaps I'll try a lighter ale next time!

Reaction score
This sounds like a great bread to eat with some hot soup on a cold winter day! I imagine it would almost have a sourdough taste from the beer. I will definitely be trying this one.

Reaction score
Very interesting! I like anything with just a few ingredients!! I'll have to give it a go. And I like the suggestion of trying it with a lighter beer!
Great idea about trying it as a pizza crust. I assume you would just roll it out in the shape you want for the crust and then bake? Do you suppose you would bake it first?
Or, do you think you could put the toppings on and then bake?
Yum! Yum! :)

Reaction score
I am definitely going to be trying this out. I have been wanting to try my hand at making bread for awhile now and this sounds like just the recipe to start with.

Reaction score
Well, this definitely is one of the shortest recipes I have ever seen. I don't drink beer and so I would probably recommend something like this for my uncle. Though, I think this would be a great recipe for some people to start with.

Reaction score
Ah I have tried something similar to this recipe before. It actually turned out really good. I made spinach parmesan dip as a side for the bread and it complimented it very well. Thanks for the recipe!

Ask a Question