Fall is cookie baking time

Reaction score
Now that the weather is starting to get chilly outside I decided to bust out the cookie sheets and will be making some sweet treats. I plan to make a few batches and then will freeze them until we are ready to eat them. Is the fall weather inspiring cookie baking with you?

Reaction score
I would say overall, fall is probably my biggest baking season. There's so many baked goods that I enjoy making around this time of year - not just cookies but a whole host of things!

My favorite cookies to make at this time of year are pumpkin spice choc chip cookies. They're so good - I'll have to dig out the recipe to share with y'all!

Reaction score
I love the small of my house during the fall season because of all the pumpkin and apples I use at this time of year. I mean technically I could make my house smell like this all year long of I really wanted to, but who wants to smell pumpkin pie when it is 90 degrees out? The smell of baking with the cool temperatures is special.

Reaction score
Yes, I'm inspired and already going through my recipes and deciding which ones to make this year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love the small of my house during the fall season because of all the pumpkin and apples I use at this time of year. I mean technically I could make my house smell like this all year long of I really wanted to, but who wants to smell pumpkin pie when it is 90 degrees out? The smell of baking with the cool temperatures is special.

Haha I have some candles that are fall scented that I buy around this time of year and hoard until those months of summer where baking is not something I want to heat up my home with. That way if I want the fall scented baking smell in my home I just light a candle! Presto - delicious scented house!

Reaction score
well it is never a bad time for cookies :) I will have to try some of ya'lls cookie recipes,my first batch ever was the raisin oatmeal ones ,that I found on a box of Quaker Oatmeal a couple of months ago

so I do need to step up my cookie baking technique for sure ,I did do some chocolate chip ones too,but they came out almost paper thin,but they tasted great and I was amazed at how many too lol I think I need to cut all cookie recipes in half,so I don't eat to many of them :)

Reaction score
This fall season finally inspired me to bake a nice cheese pie yesterday :p No cookies though, I only feel like baking those during Christmas :) But not earlier than that. I personally can't wait for winter to make it here!

Reaction score
Temperatures here are still in the 80s and 90s, but Fall and Winter are my big baking and cooking seasons, so I'm starting to prepare by collecting recipes that I want to try. I'm also stocking my pantry and cabinets with the various canned and packaged goods I'll need. My only problem is I forgot to buy flour, sugar and butter when I went shopping, so I'll either have to go back or wait a bit before I bake anything.

Ask a Question