Favorite holiday baked good?

Reaction score
What are some of your favorite baked goods to make during the holiday season? I'm looking for some new ideas, open to anything except for fruit cake, I'm not a fan.

Reaction score
I have not baked one, but I love the Italian Pannetone. Usually get them store bought and devour it too soon. Would love to hear any recipes.

Reaction score
My favorite holiday sweets aren't actually baked. I like peppermint bark and pecan divinity. I look forward to the holiday candies every holiday season.
Gingerbread cookies are good too.

Reaction score
My mood changes by the day lately with what I want to do and I cannot narrow it down for Christmas yet, but so far I have:

Chocolate chip cookies
Candy coated pretzels

Italian cookies found here, my baking buddy Carol posted this, these are so gooooood

http://community.qvc.com/forums/recipe/topic/349149/a-rerun-italian-cookies.aspx

There is a few more floating around in my head, but I have to get through Tgiving first, LOL

Reaction score
I'm looking for some new ideas myself, actually. I love gingerbread but I like the idea of mixing up some different flavors with it. Same for chai things :).

Reaction score
My favorite baked good is a selection or assorted cookies that I like to bake ahead of time to later accommodate some into small baskets.

This is my little annual giveaway to the children at the Salvation Army that I find down the streets making the hustle and bustle of these seasonal days something really special to me.

Reaction score
My favorite holiday sweets aren't actually baked. I like peppermint bark and pecan divinity. I look forward to the holiday candies every holiday season.
Gingerbread cookies are good too.
mmm peppermint bark! I love that stuff. Not of a fan of Pecans though.

Reaction score
I like making bark too. I used to make chocolate with oreos, chocolate or white chocolate with candy canes, chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate and almonds. Soooooo many barks to make lol. not sure what kind we'll be making this year.. sadly, most baking is out now and whatever is left has to be tweaked, which I haven't experimented with yet.

Reaction score
I like making bark too. I used to make chocolate with oreos, chocolate or white chocolate with candy canes, chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate and almonds. Soooooo many barks to make lol. not sure what kind we'll be making this year.. sadly, most baking is out now and whatever is left has to be tweaked, which I haven't experimented with yet.
All of that sounds really good. I absolutely love chocolate with peanut better, I just might have to try making the chocolate peanut butter bark. Would you mind if I asked you for your recipe? I really like making things that are suggested on this forum.

Reaction score

I would also love the recipe for the chocolate and peanut butter bark please.

Every year I make the no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies and sugar cookies. I also make the sweet chex mix snacks as well.

Reaction score
I love Kolache (aka Nut Roll) with a sweet walnut filling. Especially when they put some (I think it's Anise) extract in the dough, which makes it even more aromatic. That and a cup of black coffee and I am in heaven. I used to actually make these as a kid with my grandmother, but I haven't tried to make it on my own in decades because I am usually terrible at making doughs.

I also enjoy "thumb print" cookies with coconut, that have either raspberry or apricot filling in them. They look really festive but are pretty easy to make and smell incredible.

Reaction score
I associate peanut butter blossom cookies with Christmastime. Mainly because right before Xmas my family has a huge cookie baking event and other than sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms are the most popular cookie we make that night. We'd always use a star shaped chocolate for the center.

Reaction score
Ah, it's nothing special ladies, sorry lol. I just melt my fave chocolate down and some peanut butter chips and swirl them together. I have also done chocolate with peanut butter cups crumbled throughout. Easy peasy stuff the kids loved. Sorry it's not a more exciting recipe :p

Reaction score
I can't pinpoint just one! My mother in law makes really good cookie and baked treats every year and I really look forward to the plate
she brings us!!! I usually don't even make any cookies because she makes so many and we always have enough
to last for weeks!!!! LOL!!
They aren't always the same cookies every year so it is hard for me to pick a favorite.
But, it wouldn't definitely be something from what she brings us!!! :)

Reaction score
It's really hard for me to pick just one favorite! Christmas is my favorite holiday and I just love making all sorts of treats! Some things I make every year are the traditional frosted cut-out cookies, truffles, peanut butter blossom cookies, and rice Krispy wreaths with little peppermint balls. Oh and goof balls! Oh boo! Now I want it to be Christmas again!!

Reaction score
My favorite holiday goodies wold have to be a wide variety of cookies and potato/ cornmeal pudding, just never get tired of having this treat.

Reaction score
I love stollen! I've seen so many different recipes with the marzipan in, and with no marzipan - my favorite is with marzipan. I find this so much lighter than the traditional fruit cake, which I also love, but this is so light and lovely that I sometimes eat it loasted for breakfast.

I've recently found a recipe for chocolate stollen - it doesn't get much better than that! :) I think I'll definitely try the chocolate one this year.

Reaction score
MMMMMMMMMM yes, I love stollen, too. I made it one year and store bought does not even compare to homemade and it was not difficult to do. My ex mother in law used to make the best soft fudge using a recipe that took jarred marshmallow fluff and chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips. She would add peanuts to the peanut butter chips ones and to the others she would add other nuts, crushed candy canes, chopped up dried fruit, ect. I always looked forward to the Christmas boxes she would send us because of the varieties of fudge she always included.

Reaction score
I like to make chocolate fudge with candy toppings and divinity. Divinity has been one of my favorite candies since I was a kid and I only make it around the holidays. I also make a lot of chocolate candies.

Ask a Question