Fry bread

Reaction score
I love fry bread, it is something that we have and will make a dish called Navajo Tacos which you just put beans, lettuce tomatoes, etc on top of it to make a taco and it is delicious. I have always bought a mix to make it and have never tried to make it from scratch before.

Reaction score
I've had fry bread a few times. I ate some Navajo bread in elementary school. This is an easy recipe to cook. You can make it in about 10 minutes. It taste like a funnel cake without the topping. I agree, fry bread is so delicious with butter and honey. I plan to add taco seasoning and vegetables to the bread.

Reaction score
I've never tried fry bread but I would like to. This sounds delicious and easy to make. Thanks for enlightening me about fry bread. I'm definitely going to give fry bread a try. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Yum!

Reaction score
We have indian tacos all the time with fry bread. It is delicious. We just make rolls and don't let them rise too much and then throw them in some grease. My husband actually makes very good fry bread so I usually leave that part up to him! It's great with cinnamon and sugar on it too!

Reaction score
I have tried it in a restaurant before but I don't really like it because I find it too oily and it's not good when you keep it for a long time. It will tend to harden a lot and you can't almost bite it anymore. The oil will tend to sleep in the bread as well and it creates that gooey taste. Fried breads are just good for immediate consumption and so if you are the type who like to make bread that you will be able to use for several days, don't go for fried breads.

Also, I would rather toast my bread than fry it if I want that overall crunchy texture.

Ask a Question