Guinness in the oven

Reaction score
I am learning that when it comes to baking and cooking in general nothing is off limits. Elsewhere I have seen countless recipes that call for Guinness. I've been planning for months to make something that calls for Guinness. Have you ever baked using Guinness? My husband bought me some disposable cupcake pans and I stumbled on this little recipe I thought I would share while trying to find out if any of you have experience baking with Guinness.

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/guinness-cupcakes/

Reaction score
They look fantastic! I bet they would be really popular on St Patrick's day. I've made a Walnut and Ale cake before that was really nice - adding ale or stout to cake gives it a real depth of flavour.

Reaction score
I've never baked with Guinness before but I have used other liqueur type drinks in baking before such as Baileys or Kahlua. Guinness cupcakes would be a lot of fun for St Patrick's Day!!

Reaction score
I had to do a little research on St Patricks day when I saw both @Becky and @cupcakechef mention it as a good time for a cake with a punch so to speak. I have been following so many Guinness recipes and even had some Guinness brought home just to try something. I am not sure it will be the cupcakes but it must be something and soon. If I don't use the Guinness they will disappear.

Ask a Question