I just can't get it right

Reaction score
Is there and one baking item that you just can't seem to master? Even after trying and again your attempts seem to fall flat. What is this challenging item for you? Will you continue to work at mastering your baking or are you ready to stop trying?

Reaction score
I always struggle when gentle folding is required - I always seem to knock too much air out! That being said I tried making a swiss roll at the weekend and it turned out pretty well, which is surprising because we had family around and I was chatting and drinking wine... perhaps it was the alcohol in my hand that helped! :D

Reaction score
I have been trying to make butter milk biscuits for the longest time. Have attempted several different recipes with no success. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have decided to stop trying. There are so many other things I can bake instead of Wasting time and supplies.

Reaction score
I can't get my pie crusts to turn out right. They either turn out too thick or too thin or just plain ole ugly! My biscuits are not pretty either. They taste ok but they look horrible. My Granny use to make perfect biscuits and I so wish I could bake em like she did.

Reaction score
home made bread. I made one good loaf, but the rest are not working out. I won't give up, just need more time to practice! one day I will get it right.....

Reaction score
Bread here too, that's why I used to stick to that no knead recipe.. it was pretty much fool proof. Every one of my loaves were too dense. tastiest bricks ever though lol.

Reaction score
More of a frying thing and not really a problem because they always turn out fine. But when I'm making french toast and flip the bread it always splatters waves of oil over the stove making a nightmare to clean up. Oh well- can't complain about first world problems.

Ask a Question