Last Cookie You Burned?

Reaction score
I am interested in knowing the last time you guys burned the cookies.

We all have those moments where we just forget that we are baking. Then we are left with the sadness of knowing we wasted a perfectly good batch of dough.

When was the last time you burned the cookies?

Reaction score
a few month ago actually. I forgot to set the timer. Totally bummed me out because I was looking forward to that first batch coming out perfect.....

Reaction score
Happened to me past weekend trying to bake regular sugar cakes in my sandwich maker.

It has flat plates so I thought it was possible to get thin cookies using them instead of an oven tray, particularly because I only wanted a few so I thought useless turn on the oven.

However the result was burned cookies due to excess time, too much compared with the right for the oven.

Reaction score
I burned one small batch of peanut butter cookies last week because my ex called to ask how our daughter is doing in school and the phone call lasted a little too long because he likes to ask a lot of questions. The cookies were still kind of edible, but I had to scrape the burnt parts off the bottoms.

Reaction score
For me it was within the last month. I was making chocolate chip cookies and trying to get laundry done at the same time...and forgot to set the oven timer. Luckily I only wasted 12 cookies.

Reaction score
Lol, last night actually....

It's the first time in a long time and some of them were still salvageable, so the batch wasn't completely ruined or burnt to a crisp.

What happened was that I pulled out a random roll of cookie dough from the freeze that hadn't been labeled. Even after taste-testing, I couldn't be completely sure what they were, but I was pretty sure they were a peanut butter cookie or for thumbprint cookies, so I went with the latter. Well even after thawing some, the dough was still frozen in some chunks, so I was trying to get them to cook all the way through. They needed only a "couple more minutes," I thought, so I set the timer for the umpteenth time that night and walked away again.

Needless to say, when I came back probably 8 minutes later, several of them were burnt. I had accidentally set the timer for 20 minutes instead of 2, and just happened to think back on them because it seemed like it had "been a while," lol.

Reaction score
A few weeks ago. For some odd reason the cookies were flat and all over the pan and ended up burning. Such a waste :(

Reaction score
Last year. I was baking some cookies, but forgot to set a timer... I had that in mind but I just forgot after receiving a message from someone important, lol. Anyways, I forgot!!! I was in bed watching TV and I started to smell something... the kitchen was full of smoke!!!!! Way to ruin a full batch of cookies :(

Reaction score
If I burn cookies, it's usually the last pan of the batch. Once I put that last pan in the oven, in my mind I'm usually saying, "Yay, I'm done!" Subliminally, I must be telling myself not to set the timer. The last time I did this was about a month ago with chocolate chip cookies. Luckily, my husband is okay with burned stuff - he'll eat anything! Adding a piece of bread helps to soften cookies, so try that with burned cookies.

Reaction score
Last year, I want to make cookies, but no baking tray with the paper, the batter is too thin. No molding, and burned:p

Reaction score
Last year. I was baking some cookies, but forgot to set a timer... I had that in mind but I just forgot after receiving a message from someone important, lol. Anyways, I forgot!!! I was in bed watching TV and I started to smell something... the kitchen was full of smoke!!!!! Way to ruin a full batch of cookies :(
:)What is you do for cookies, I can cook chocolate chip cookies and cranberry cookies

Reaction score
:)What is you do for cookies, I can cook chocolate chip cookies and cranberry cookies

Right now I can bake almost any kind of cookies :) But my favorite ones will always be butter cookies:

cannabis-butter-cookies-recipe-642x336.png

DSC_5943.jpg

If done right they melt in your mouth :)

Reaction score
They are, I like the crumbly texture :) I'm not big fan of chewy cookies, for me it's crumbly all the way :) What kind of cookies do you like to make?

Reaction score
The last cookies I burnt and it wasn't even my fault because I let someone else watch them while I ran downtown to the store were peanut butter cookies. Good thing with peanut butter cookies though, if you burn them - just crumble them purposely. Smash them down into a fine dust and use that to coat some chocolate cookies. Trust me. Cook the chocolate cookies, pull them out, and while they're still hot/settling - sprinkle that dust over like an icing or such.

There are a surprisingly good amount of things you can use burnt cookies on too, if you look for recipes. So when most people go OH WELL and chuck them out - sttttttooooooppppp. There is a use for them!

Ask a Question