PME vs JEM piping nozzles

Reaction score
Has anyone used JEM nozzles? Does anyone know how they compare to PME? Both companies are owned by the same parent company. But PME is manufactured in Britain, JEM operates out of South Africa.

I need a larger set of nozzles. PME doesn’t make large nozzles.

JEM has a large set, but I’ve never used JEM so wondering if the quality is any where near PME quality.

Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
I've always bought my tips off of ebay, and they have usually been Wilton brand. I don't know if they source theirs from those companies or not, but I've never had a problem with the Wilton ones.

If I have used Jem or PME in the past, I didn't notice. Some of the tips and nozzles in some of the bakeries I've been in weren't stamped with a company stamp, so I have no idea who made them. But I've never had a problem with any of them, in any of the bakeries I've been in.

What I do when I'm not sure of something, is I go onto ebay and buy one tip and use it for a bit. If I like it, I will buy more. If not, I try another one.

Reaction score
I find the smaller Wilton tips produce a less crisp clean edge. For fine lines PME is definitely superior to Wilton. But I like the large Wilton 2D. I think I may just buy the JEM set and see how they perform.

Ask a Question