Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that are like the Soft Batch kind you buy in stores? I've made several attempts following various recipes online in the past, but nothing has seemed to come even close to that chewy and soft texture I'm looking for. I've heard a lot of people say the key is corn starch in the recipe, but so far all the recipes I've tried using corn starch have been big disappointments. Maybe the amount of cornstarch was off?

Reaction score
Reaction score
You're welcome. I hope it's what you're looking for. I've used this recipe alot and it's never failed me. It produces nice soft cookies that stay soft even after the cookie cools.

Reaction score
I will have to try this as well. Anything that has pudding mix in it generally produces a moist product. A person can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, it's the way to my heart! :)

Reaction score
I will have to try this as well. Anything that has pudding mix in it generally produces a moist product. A person can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, it's the way to my heart! :)

I agree that pudding makes everything so much better. It definitely takes cakes to a whole new level. I often use box cake mixes when I'm pressed for time and tweak them with pudding mix and a few other add in ingredients. I've never had anyone be able to tell it was from a box. They always think it was homemade. Shhhh! I'm not saying anything any different. :p

Reaction score
I too have struggled to make cookies as soft and chewy as the ones in stores. My cookies always turn out to be cakey in the end. Maybe applesause would be a good alternative to?

Ask a Question