Sturdy Whipped Cream

Reaction score
So, I'm looking for a cream icing recipe--or even a brand. I don't mean buttercream, I definitely don't mean fondant or marzipan... just, to my knowledge, whipped cream.

I can whip all I like, but it will eventually melt, and I'm looking for a way to prevent that. Sometimes at cafes I come across cakes where the "icing" isn't noticeably sweet, and it's not melting.

What's the secret to that, does anybody know?

...Or do I really want to know, in case I've essentially been eating plastic all this time and thinking it's cream? Well, yes. yes, I want to know. ;)

I've recently overheard a trick to making whipped cream which adds a pinch of cream of tartar...would that have something to do with making whipped cream last as an icing?

Reaction score
Reaction score
I used a couple teaspoons of instant vanilla pudding in mine. Makes it whip quicker and keeps it from melting too quickly, and is easier to work with if decorating with it.

Ask a Question