Where are you getting most of your baking recipes?

Reaction score
When it comes to baking sometimes we have to find the right ingredients and recipes so that we can make baking cakes and goodies in the right and special way. Personally speaking I had baking books which I had invested when I was still not yet married and it is one of my references. What I am doing is I will try first a certain recipe and I always try to innovate the recipe until I make it to be fine in texture and in taste. Then I had old recipes coming from my mother that is already tested with the passage of time and I had tried it also and it is great! And now that there is the internet sometimes I do search baking recipes that interest me having easy ingredients and simple procedures and I do keep and save the recipes in my file. How about you? Where are you getting most of your baking recipes?

Reaction score
Most have been taught to me by my mother. Others I've lifted from various cook books that I've piled up over the years. Most recently, I've been able to get some really good ones off here. If you want some really good recipes just check out some of the ones people post here in the forums.

Reaction score
I have quite a few good cookbooks that I find good recipes in. I literally crave reading cookbooks; I'll read them from cover to cover! ;) I also love to go on the internet and look for recipes. Websites like Allrecipes and Yummly are good places to search for any recipe imaginable.

Reaction score
That is a good question... for me it's mostly Pinterest, but I've gotten others from magazines and several web sites all over the web. I also have some specialized magazines with recipes I'm sure you can't find online.... so a little bit of everything :) I personally love my limited edition magazines, but Pinterest is also great.

Reaction score
I actually have cook books of my grandmothers and my mother. Both, my mother and me, we use all of these and I was working as a chef in some hotels so I have met some great chefs and learned some great stuff. I write down everything actually and I have big stash on me. I also have several official cook books from Serbia and some international and quite famous.

Reaction score
It varies for me - I have my tried and true recipes that are just things I remember off the top of my head, usually passed down from friends or family members. I also use some cookbooks, but the biggest source of inspiration and ideas for recipes is the Internet! I think that's the case because it's just a never ending supply, and you can literally search for whatever strikes your fancy!

Ask a Question