Where do you buy baking utensils?

Reaction score
I've been collecting my baking stuffs from Wal-Mart and online. How bout you?

Reaction score
I have bought many of them from local stores, others from Wal-mart too and a few from specialized stores. I've gotten some of them as gifts as well :) I'll actually buy 3 metal cake pans before leaving from a local store, and a ''flanera'' to make custard.

Reaction score
There is no Walmart around me so most of my stuff comes from Target or Macy's. I really would like to start buying some baking stuff from Crate & Barrel as well. Most people think they are really expensive, but you can find some pretty cheap things in that store and know that they will last for a long time.

Reaction score
I've bought from chain stores like Target and Walmart, I've also bought from specialty baking stores, and even online from time to time if I'm looking for something specific that I can't manage to find in store.

Reaction score
I have bought many of them from local stores, others from Wal-mart too and a few from specialized stores. I've gotten some of them as gifts as well :) I'll actually buy 3 metal cake pans before leaving from a local store, and a ''flanera'' to make custard.

It seems that kitchen and home stores come and go. I used to love Lechter's, but they're out of business. I've bought some of my pans at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Garden Ridge Pottery (I think they've changed their name, too), as well as places like Williams Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, and kitchen supply stores. I love finding things I couldn't get just anywhere, and my budget has changed considerably over the years, but it's still possible to find bargains, if you know which brands have quality items.

@Trellum Hmmm, now I have to look up 'flanera'. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the pan/mold I use to make my flan.

Reaction score
@Trellum Hmmm, now I have to look up 'flanera'. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the pan/mold I use to make my flan.

In case you are wondering, this is the ''flanera'' I want to buy:

Flanera_18_cm_Ekco.jpg

It's not big at all and rather basic :) No non-sticky coat on it, thank goodness. I might be getting it soon from a local store, since it might not easy at all to get one where I will be living (other than ordering form the internet, but when buying this kind of things I prefer to buy in person).

Reaction score
I'm not buying kitchen stuffs from Crate & Barrel because of the thought that all items there are expensive. Thanks for that.

Reaction score
Actually before I got married I had already invested some cooking and baking utensils and appliances for my needs in my kitchen. When I am still single I am already interested and had the passion to cook and bake that is why I had already thought of these things beforehand. I had bought them during their sale period where the prices are really so cheap compared to its original price. And I really always wait stores with good quality items during their sale events. That is why I had invested the good ones which I think will last for a long period of time.

Ask a Question