Yet more cinnamon rolls

Reaction score
Good morning.
How funny I made an account to ask about cinnamon rolls and the very first post I read - cinnamon rolls!

My question is much simpler and I didn't want to derail.

I have found a dough recipe that works for me.
I've got the icing.
Now the problem is the perfect ratio of butter cinnamon sugar for the cinnamon part.
Also should I butter the other side as I roll? Should I use cinnamon and sugar too?

Reaction score
Good morning.
How funny I made an account to ask about cinnamon rolls and the very first post I read - cinnamon rolls!

My question is much simpler and I didn't want to derail.

I have found a dough recipe that works for me.
I've got the icing.
Now the problem is the perfect ratio of butter cinnamon sugar for the cinnamon part.
Also should I butter the other side as I roll? Should I use cinnamon and sugar too?

I think it's a matter of personal preference. Although I do believe you can add too much. Butter has a very low melting point. Too much butter in the filling will end up in puddles at the bottom of the pan.

Insofar as brushing with butter before baking, again I think that is a personal preference. Butter encourages browning. Unlike an egg wash, butter does it give you a shiny finish.

Reaction score
The dryer the mixture you spread on the dough, the better off you will be where it shouldn't melt too much and end up at the bottom of the pan when baking.

If you read the other post, you will see I use just enough butter to make my paste spreadable.

Reaction score
The dryer the mixture you spread on the dough, the better off you will be where it shouldn't melt too much and end up at the bottom of the pan when baking.

If you read the other post, you will see I use just enough butter to make my paste spreadable.

Ok next time I reduce the butter and see what happens

Reaction score
So what if I tried raspberry jam? Butter and honey?

You can put anything in a roll or bread.

Butter and honey is nice, but I wouldn't use it as a filling. I would coat the rolls with butter before putting in the oven, and then spread honey on them about 10 minutes after they are out of the oven.

Jams and jellies are nice, but you have to watch out for the sugar content, as higher amounts of sugar will melt the jell substances like butter in the roll, and could end up at the bottom of the pan. Thats been my experience anyway. It's easier to make a nice glaze or icing from the jams and jellies for me.

Ask a Question