Anyone have a tried and true cheese scone recipe?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a tried and true cheese scone recipe?

I had these when I was studying in England and they are so tasty. But I'm kind of nervous about trying a recipe. Even if you don't have a cheese one you use, do you have a basic plain scone recipe you've used and had good success with? I'm sure I could probably add the cheese to a good basic recipe.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Those look really yummy, Becky. They look like American biscuits, but I know we and the UK differ on recipes for scones and biscuits. I'd eat them either way, because they look delicious. I only have a few small cutters, so I guess if I want to try this recipe, I'll have to pick up some larger ones.

Reaction score
Wow, those do look yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I have used BBC recipes many times, so I am sure that's a good one to work with.

British scones vs. American biscuits, yes they can be different. I studied in England for a while and made a lot of British food. :) I find that in general British scones are bit denser/heavier than our biscuits, but that's not always the case of course. Also, they tend to have more flavored ones where we usually have a plain biscuit.

My favorite biscuit I had in England was a ginger one. It had pieces of candied stem ginger in it and I had rhubarb jam on top. YUMMY.

Anyway, thank you for the cheese scone recipe. It's going in my folder!!!

Reaction score
I am officially adding this one to the list of things to keep an eye out for. I cannot say that I have ever seen one of these, but I am really curious now, and it sounds like something that is really heavy, but in a really good way. Probably not the healthiest thing, but oh well.

Ask a Question