Baked Eggs

Reaction score
I've heard that baking eggs makes tastier eggs. Do any of you do this? I think they can be baked in the shell (like a hard-boiled egg) or they can, of course, be baked as scrambled eggs. What I'm curious about is the baked-in-the-shell version.

Reaction score
I know people do this, but it weirds me out. I feel like my eggs would explode!
Try it and let us know how it goes!

Reaction score
I know people do this, but it weirds me out. I feel like my eggs would explode!
Try it and let us know how it goes!

LOL This made me really laugh for some reason. I thought along the same lines but then realized that they don't explode when we hard-boil them, so I don't need to worry. ;) I found a How-To on Pinterest, so I'm going to try it and then I'll post an update.

Reaction score
I disagree that they would be tastier, if it's only eggs in the shell. It's only heat.

On the other hand, if you've already made an omelet, then I've read that you can bake an omelet after frying it so that the oven more evenly and steadily applies enough heat to cook the whole thing, unlike if you'd continued to pan-fry in which case you might get some overdone parts just to get some other parts perfectly cooked. This method, I can vouch for.

Then, of course, there's Scotch eggs that I'm experimenting with... they're usually deep fried, but some recipes have them baked, as the (already-boiled) eggs are cocooned in sausage meat and breading, well you can bet these are much much tastier coming out of the oven!

Reaction score
I would think that the eggs would stick to the shell much worse if they were baked instead of hardboiled. At least when you hard boil an egg, the slightest amount of water seeps in and the shell is much easier to remove. Did you try baking the egg yet?

Reaction score
I have never had baked eggs and the thought haven't really appealed to me ; i will settle for poached eggs or sunny side up eggs.

Reaction score
My mother used to bake eggs, but not in the shell due to explosion possibilites. She would break them into a greased pie plate (just however many she thought we would eat) or into greased muffin tins. She just baked them at 350 until the whites were done all the way,, usually the yolks were done all the way unless she kept a real close watch on them. She would do bacon or sausage in the oven along with the eggs. She also used to take little pyrex glass cups and put hash in the bottom and break the egg on top of it. This was one of my favorite breakfast things.

Reaction score
Funny that you should mention this...I was just talking with my husband about baking eggs. I don't know about in the shell, but baking them out of the shell is definitely delicious. (and explosion free, lol). Worth a try for sure and there are so many different ways to make them!

Reaction score
I have seen this don in muffin tins bu I have away been afraid to do it. I am worrid my eggs mya taste scrotched or come out rubbery. No one wants to waste a dozen good eggs..

Reaction score
Baking eggs in the oven is simple. It's actually another way to make hard boiled eggs for people who hate to fuss with sauce pans and water.

SUPPLIES
  • Dozen Eggs
  • Muffin Tin
  • Medium Mixing Boil
  • Ice Cubes

STEPS
  1. Place an egg in muffin whole.
  2. Carefully slide your muffin tin (full of eggs) into the oven.
  3. Turn oven on at 350 degrees.
  4. Allow eggs to cook for 30 minutes.
  5. Take your muffin tin out of the oven.
  6. Put baked eggs into a mixing bowl of water and ice cubes.
  7. Let your eggs cool down for 5 minutes, then peel them.
  8. Enjoy eating your hard boiled eggs plain or with a dash of salt.

Ask a Question