Banana nut bread?

Reaction score
Does anyone know a recipe for banana nut bread? I really like it as well as banana nut muffins. It would really help if anyone had the recipe to either one.

Reaction score
Cmiller i found this recipe on Food Network , i think you could customize it to your own liking.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
1 cup sugar
3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces

Directions
Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup with a spout and set aside. Lightly brush a 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan with butter. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand-held mixer) until light and fluffy. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter, while mixing, until incorporated. Add the bananas (the mixture will appear to be curdled, so don't worry), and remove the bowl from the mixer.

With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool the bread in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack. Wrap in plastic wrap. The banana bread is best if served the next day.

Banana bread is easy to make-just a few simple steps-and irresistible to eat. We recommend making a few extra loaves, wrapping in plastic, and freezing. Thaw at room temperature for an hour and you'll have fresh banana bread ready to go by the time everyone wakes up. Freezing individual slices works well, too.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/banana-walnut-bread-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Reaction score
This recipe is very similar to the one I use. I use different kinds of nuts,, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seed, macadamia nuts, pistachio nuts ect. I also sometime add raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, ect. Sometimes I grind oatmeal up fine and use i as part of the flower. Banana bread is a favorite at my house and a loaf rarely lasts more than a day.

Reaction score
This recipe is very similar to the one I use. I use different kinds of nuts,, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seed, macadamia nuts, pistachio nuts ect. I also sometime add raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, ect. Sometimes I grind oatmeal up fine and use i as part of the flower. Banana bread is a favorite at my house and a loaf rarely lasts more than a day.

Banana bread is like my favorite cake forever, i could basically bake this every week however i have never added oatmeal to my batter, will definitely be try this next time around.

Reaction score
This is very like my own recipe too. I usually use walnuts with my banana cake, but I could be tempted to swap for pecans. I also usually throw in a handful of raisins, or sometimes sultanas soaked in a little rum; I find that this gives some really lovely flavor to the cake.

Reaction score
The banana bread recipe in the Betty Crocker plaid cookbook is also really good. If you don't have this cookbook, it is an American staple. I make a lot of banana bread because I don't like throwing out bananas that are over ripe when they still can be made into something. Sometimes I put chocolate chips and nuts into mine.

Reaction score
The banana bread recipe in the Betty Crocker plaid cookbook is also really good. If you don't have this cookbook, it is an American staple. I make a lot of banana bread because I don't like throwing out bananas that are over ripe when they still can be made into something. Sometimes I put chocolate chips and nuts into mine.

One of the things I really love about banana bread is its versatility - you can make so many different versions, and in so many different ways, shapes and sizes. Banana bread is the food of the Gods as far as I'm concerned, and a staple in my house. ;)

Does the Betty Crocker book have a lot of good recipes in it? I love a good recipe book.

Ask a Question