chocolate chip banana bread

Reaction score
I made this the other day and it was so good. It was gone in a flash.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Ingredients
1 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup regular or mini chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.

Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, chips, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.

I put my bananas, eggs, and butter in the blender and blend until smooth. I do not care for chunks of banana in my bread.

Reaction score
I can bet it was very delicious; banana bread as always being one of my favorite cakes regardless of the recipe that is used. This is a product that i just never get tired of having.

Reaction score
I love banana bread - there are so many different recipes! Some are great, some not so great. Doing it with chocolate chips sounds like a delicious twist on the usual ones I make. Most of mine have walnuts mixed in, or even dried fruit a times.

Banana bread is one of those things I make over and over again, but I do take breaks from it too. I haven't made one for a few months, so I will be giving evelynmcgregor's recipe a try in the next few days.

Thanks for sharing :)

Reaction score
Banana bread is oh soooo goood!

God, I should stop coming to these forums when I don't have the money to buy lots of food. I always end up becoming starving just by seeing all the recipes and pictures of things people have made recently.

Reaction score
Banana bread is oh soooo goood!

God, I should stop coming to these forums when I don't have the money to buy lots of food. I always end up becoming starving just by seeing all the recipes and pictures of things people have made recently.

If I could send you some banana cake, livvy, I would. :):)

I know what it's like though.....Whoever said baking and making your own food was cheaper than buying ready-made, were mistaken! By the time you've bought butter, eggs, different sugars and other ingredients, it really adds up! But it tastes so much better than shop bought.

Reaction score
If I could send you some banana cake, livvy, I would. :):)

I know what it's like though.....Whoever said baking and making your own food was cheaper than buying ready-made, were mistaken! By the time you've bought butter, eggs, different sugars and other ingredients, it really adds up! But it tastes so much better than shop bought.
Haha, I appreciate the thought though :)

Jeez, I wish I could buy ready made at the moment. I'm currently surviving off of cereal without milk, tap water, and a few chicken kievs and chicken breasts I have in the fridge/freezer. Luckily, things are taking a turn for the better and I should be able to buy real food and treats next week if all goes well

Ask a Question