Cupcake ideas for a baby shower

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions for a cupcake recipe for a baby shower?
It is for a baby boy so anything blue themed would be good. I am not the greatest baker but I am trying to expand my skills and I would really like to make some yummy homemade treats so something simple but impressive would go down well :)

Reaction score
Excellent, thanks Soliloquy. The baby faces & baby shower cupcake cake look really great. Have you tried making these yourself? I wonder which may be the easiest to create on a large scale.

Reaction score
I used blue food coloring in white cake mix for cupcake base for a boy baby shower , topped with white frosting then topped that with blue sprinkles. I found these itty- bitty blue pacifiers at a local dollar store and added one on top of each. I made fifty of these and total cost was under eight dollars. They really went over quite well at my friends shower.

Reaction score
I know it's not a cupcake, but how about creating a cake like this?

67ffec45-d3a1-4b6f-ae87-1597d8a77a16.jpg

I don't know how easy it would be, but it would be really cool and would impress everyone. You could use it as a centerpiece and surround it with the cupcakes.

Reaction score
I know it's not a cupcake, but how about creating a cake like this?

67ffec45-d3a1-4b6f-ae87-1597d8a77a16.jpg

I don't know how easy it would be, but it would be really cool and would impress everyone. You could use it as a centerpiece and surround it with the cupcakes.

What a cool looking cake. I would love to find the instructions for this. I think it would make a great centerpiece for many occasions. I off in search of the recipe for this creation:)

Reaction score
I just had my baby shower, and I had blue themed cupcakes as well. :) She did them with monkeys on them, cause that was our theme. The only monkey recipe I could find online was: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/monkey-cupcakes, but the ones she made were much more simple than that. They were also blue of course. Her nine year old son helped her make them, so they must not be too hard to make! I'll have to ask her where she found the recipe, so that I can list the specific one.

Reaction score
Since he is a boy (how old is he?) does he like any sport?like soccer? you can make little blue soccer players cookies on some kind of green/blue soccer field.

Just an idea :p

Reaction score
I love the m&m cake idea. I am not sure how one would do that though. If you want to make something simpler like cupcakes, you can use blue candy as the topping.

Another idea is to swirl in blue colored batter with the white batter. I woukd suggest using the gel food coloring as it gets better color than the liquid.

Reaction score
I love the m&m cake idea. I am not sure how one would do that though. If you want to make something simpler like cupcakes, you can use blue candy as the topping.

Another idea is to swirl in blue colored batter with the white batter. I woukd suggest using the gel food coloring as it gets better color than the liquid.

I like that idea, combined with another. I would consider making "marbled" blue and white cupcakes and finding some little decorations to put on top, like mini rattles or pacifiers. Sounds easy, cute, and would look really fum. I've also done cupcakes in pretty cupcake papers with a ribbon tied around each one. It's a super simple extra touch but looks nice.

Reaction score
Last time I went to a boy's baby shower, they had cake pops in varying shades of blue and white, with blue and white sprinkles on them. It looked similar to the picture I attached. I thought they looked super cute, very decorative and a nice change from the usual cupcakes that people have at showers. Also it wasn't as big as having a whole cupcake so I could still indulge in a cake pop and not feel guilty!

23da3a61924b844442a9f13eb048e9ae.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/23/da/3a/23da3a61924b844442a9f13eb048e9ae.jpg

Reaction score
I like the cake balls idea. Very cute. I agree that it's nice to have something smaller for a treat, so people don't feel bad about indulging. This is why I usually use my mini cupcake pan, lol. Still, the cake balls look great. I may have to give that a whirl sometime.

Reaction score
Oh, those little blue feet are the cutest! I love it.

I'm not a big fan of owls, but they do seem to be all the rage these days. They are very pretty cupcakes. I like pink and brown together.

Ask a Question