Favorite Pizza

Reaction score
Pizza is one of my favorite foods for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Yes I'm one of those pizza for breakfast people. I love homemade pizza with a thin crust, lots of cheese and vegetables. The vegetables I like best are zucchini, broccoli and asparagus. It taste delicious with oil and pesto as a base instead of tomato sauce. I top it with mozzarella and feta cheese. What is your favorite pizza?

Reaction score
Homemade pizza is the best. I really miss my St. Louis-style pizza from back home - cracker-thin crust and provel cheese. It's one of those things you either love or hate from first bite.

I also love Italian style pizza, which consists of giant globs of cheese melting everywhere with sparse toppings. It's so simple, but when made right, so delicious.

Reaction score
I love homemade pizza far better than the greasy chain-restaurant stuff. Any kind of toppings work fine for me. My only problem with homemade pizza is that I find it best to make two at a time because there's nothing worse than running out before you've had your "fix".

I bet a breakfast pizza (with breakfast-type toppings) is awesome. I will have to try this some time.

Reaction score
Pizza is one of my favorite foods as well. I have made home made pizza a few times a long time ago and it didn't come out exactly the way I wanted but I can keep at it. I really enjoy a particular store bought brand but home made is better because you know exactly what you're putting into it and can make sure there are more healthy ingredients.

Reaction score
For me the mark of a great pizza is great mozzarella. When making our own (which we don't do very often) we get fresh mozzarella from a local place that specializes in just mozzarella.
There was a pizza place we discovered when I was a kid that had the best pizzas I ever tasted! You know how most pizzas have that grit underneath? His had none, and when commented on it the owner said he used corn starch to keep his pizza dough from sticking instead of flour, and religiously cleaned the oven to boot. (Unfortunately, his shop failed because he was in a terrible location and never advertised.)

Reaction score
My favorite pizza is meat lover's. No matter what pizzeria I get pizza from, I always get all the meats on it.

I also like the giant New York style slices that you can fold in half, but those are getting harder to find in Florida.

Reaction score
My favorite pizza is kind of a Hawaiian Delight. It has Canadian bacon, pineapple,lots of cheese, and all the veggies ( shrooms, peppers, olives), and then after baking, you thin slice fresh tomatoes and put them on the top.
To me, it is the best pizza ever, and I really love as many veggies as possible on pizza, and the tomato slices on top, are just the ultimate !

Reaction score
It's not my favorite, but once I tried pizza with anchovies and it wasn't bad, the little fish just taste like salty, smoky little morsels.
I don't know why people make sure a big deal out of anchovies being gross. I've tried worse things.

Reaction score
My teenager likes pizza quesadillas, which is a quesadilla, made with a flour tortilla that has pizza fillings instead of Mexican cheese.
They're cheaper and easier than making a pizza.

Reaction score
For me the mark of a great pizza is great mozzarella. When making our own (which we don't do very often) we get fresh mozzarella from a local place that specializes in just mozzarella.
There was a pizza place we discovered when I was a kid that had the best pizzas I ever tasted! You know how most pizzas have that grit underneath? His had none, and when commented on it the owner said he used corn starch to keep his pizza dough from sticking instead of flour, and religiously cleaned the oven to boot. (Unfortunately, his shop failed because he was in a terrible location and never advertised.)

I'm not sure about the grit, but I always use corn meal between my stone/dish and my crust to give it an extra bit of light crunch. It's a very easy way to add a nice profile to the crust without risking using a seasoning (over-seasoning, someone doesn't like the seasoning, etc.). A clean oven is so very fundamental to the delicate flavor of most baked goods; when we purchased our first home (just a few months ago, yay!), we had to spend several extra hundred dollars on an oven with a self-cleaning capability (it's a 36" stove, so finding an economical model with a self-cleaning option took some time). I still clean it personally, but having the automated cleaning cycle is very luxurious!

Reaction score
My teenager likes pizza quesadillas, which is a quesadilla, made with a flour tortilla that has pizza fillings instead of Mexican cheese.
They're cheaper and easier than making a pizza.

Oh my goodness, I would have never thought of that! I can't wait to try it! Do you grill your quesadillas or bake them? I've had both, but I must say that before I put mine in the oven, I usually toss my tortilla in a skillet to get that beautiful brown coloring. There was a distinct four-week period when Rick Bayless kept discussing quesadillas on his PBS program, and I had to have a quesadilla every day!

Reaction score
I really couldn't paint myself into a corner and list just one favorite pizza. I think my favorite thing about pizza is the flexibility. A quick few minutes for a dough, and then you can basically construct the pizza from whatever you have on hand. We've had chicken and spinach with olive oil in a pinch, and it turned out with a few more veggies, it became our favorite pizza! In fact, last night we tried a new dough (it was okay, but the recipe requires some tweaking) and used mozzarella and some greens I had leftover from a salad earlier. It was perfect!

But, I can't really say there is a commercial pizza that I like. At least not around here in northeastern Oklahoma (unless another Okie knows differently, then let me know!).

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I would have never thought of that! I can't wait to try it! Do you grill your quesadillas or bake them? I've had both, but I must say that before I put mine in the oven, I usually toss my tortilla in a skillet to get that beautiful brown coloring. There was a distinct four-week period when Rick Bayless kept discussing quesadillas on his PBS program, and I had to have a quesadilla every day!

I make mine completely in a skillet because I like that golden brown color. You fill the tortilla with anything that you would put on a pizza. I watch Rick Bayless too. Some people don't like the episodes where his daughter is on the show with him, but I don't find her that annoying.

Reaction score
That is so funny about his daughter; my husband cannot stand when she's on the episode, but I don't find her that bad. I think she's a cute kid that clearly loves her daddy very much, and it's really pretty sweet that he passed his passion down to her. His wife never really seems happy to be aired (only twice that I've seen), but I don't blame her. I would just want to eat his food, not be on his show! We plan to travel to Chicago soon for a vacation, and my absolute first suggestion (or demand, however you want to look at it) was to try Frontera! I can't wait!

Reaction score
That is so funny about his daughter; my husband cannot stand when she's on the episode, but I don't find her that bad. I think she's a cute kid that clearly loves her daddy very much, and it's really pretty sweet that he passed his passion down to her. His wife never really seems happy to be aired (only twice that I've seen), but I don't blame her. I would just want to eat his food, not be on his show! We plan to travel to Chicago soon for a vacation, and my absolute first suggestion (or demand, however you want to look at it) was to try Frontera! I can't wait!

The issue that people have with Rick Bayless' daughter is that one episode she was in the kitchen talking and then she said "Speaking of hot, let's see how my dad is doing." and then the camera cuts to her dad in a sweaty tank top digging a fire pit to make roasted pork.

I think it was just an unfortunate choice of words that people misinterpreted.

Anyway, she does seem like a nice kid. It's awesome that you're going to Frontera. Maybe you'll have a celebrity sighting of the Bayless family.

Reaction score
I will agree, those two have the occasional moment of uncomfortable repertoire. It is a bit unnerving, but I usually just chalk it up to her nerves making the interaction as awkward as possible. I agree that it was likely a misinterpretation; anyone that watches the show will come to realize she's just a bit awkward (yeah, I'm a college freshman, let's definitely put my face all over PBS!).

Reaction score
I love plain, old cheese pizza. Nothing else! It's always been my favorite and I've always preferred it more compared to the other classic, pepperoni pizza. I also like combo pizzas, though. Specially the one from Costco!

Reaction score
Homemade ;) I prepare and freeze them for future use. My favorite is probably spinach with feta cheese. I love ANYTHING with feta. My kids love plain ole italian sausage.

Reaction score
I made the onion pizza last night (recipe in my post above) and it was gorgeous! Really nice combination of flavours - the onions are quite sweet from how long you cook them, and that combined with the saltiness of the anchovies and black olives was really tasty.

Ask a Question