Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Reaction score
I was putting together some desserts that i thought i'd try for the holidays when i came across this one and just thought i would share this one been that i am liking it so much.

Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Original recipe makes 3 dozenChange Servings
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

• 1 teaspoon baking powder

• 1 teaspoon baking soda

• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

• 1/2 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 cup butter, softened

• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree

• 1 egg

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 2 cups confectioners' sugar

• 3 tablespoons milk

• 1 tablespoon melted butter

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
  3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
  4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.

Reaction score
I love that there are still pumpkin recipes getting some attention well into the Winter ;) these sound very good and I'm sure my family will love them...I see a baking weekend in the future :).

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I love all things pumpkin and pumpkin cookies are no exception. I hate an iced pumpkin scone yesterday at a work meeting and it was very delicious. I try to eat pumpkin as much as I can during the fall and winter months because I don't have it at all during the spring and summer.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I love all things pumpkin and pumpkin cookies are no exception. I hate an iced pumpkin scone yesterday at a work meeting and it was very delicious. I try to eat pumpkin as much as I can during the fall and winter months because I don't have it at all during the spring and summer.

Wow i have never tasted a pumpkin scone but i bet it was delicious; i like pumpkin a lot and as such i am always open to trying out new pumpkin recipes.

Ask a Question