Mamma Mia! It's Pizza!!!

Reaction score
That is such an interesting idea :O I think I'll give it a go

Thin pizza crust and corn tortillas are on my baking bucket list, so adding a flour tortilla won't be too much of a step

Ohh, making a corn tortilla from scratch would be an amazing feat! There’s a women in the next county who makes corn tortillas using traditional methods. She sells them at the big farmer’s market in San Francisco. People line up to buy her tortillas.

Becky’s post brought to mind the differences between regular pizza crust and thin crust. Thin crust differs in two respects: no rise and immediate bake.

If you let the dough rise you won’t have a thin crust. The dough is mixed just enough to make it pliable. It’s then rolled out, topped, and immediately baked.

Here are a couple of recipes. I have not tried either one so I cannot attest to their quality.

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-homemade-thin-crust-pizza-recipes-from-the-kitchn-45499

https://www.howsweeteats.com/2015/05/easy-thin-crust-pizza/

Reaction score
I made pizza with a flour tortilla today - it was good, I enjoyed it. Super fast and easy to make. Not as good as a real pizza base, but something I'll definitely do again when I need a meal.

Reaction score
We buy two cheese pizzas at Costco every week because we have four guys in this house who love to eat pizza, and I also like to bake my own pizzas. I make the pizza dough in my bread machine, and then I roll it out and put a variety of toppings on it. I pretty much put what I have on hand on it; I've tried chicken, beef, turkey Spam (everyone loves that!), olives, cheddar cheese, tomato sauce, basil, and oregano. For me, pizza is the perfect way to use leftover meat.
Costco is great. The price too!

Reaction score
Pizza is easily one of my favorite things to make. Plus, everyone loves it when I make the stuff, too. I don't have toppings that I always put on pizza. I just pile on whatever we have on hand. Usually there's always green pepper or onion, but everything else may or may not be at the house to get used. I used to make my own pizza crust from scratch. However, Jiffy makes a pizza crust mix in a box that is super cheap and saves me a lot of time and measuring. It works perfect and can usually be found for less than a buck. I always pre-bake my pizza crust before I top it. It just seems like it comes out better for me when the crust is pre-baked part of the way before toppings are added and it goes in for the final oven time. I will say that I have become more fond of thinner pizza crust lately. It has less calories and doesn't make you feel as stuffed at the end of eating a few slices. However, it has to be good crust, no matter the thickness. Crust honestly makes or breaks good pizza.

Agreed.

Reaction score
You and my sister would get along!!!!! ;)

Anytime we used to go out to eat pizza, her pizza HAD to be covered in spicy sausage, jalapenos, and onions. She even had one pizza guy trained, so when he saw her walk in the door, he knew exactly what pizza to start making!!!! She never had to order!!! LOL

I like lots of onions and garlic, but I'm not all that big on jalapenos, although I will eat them on some foods.

I've never had Asian pizza before. I've never had duck before either. Never knew anyone who ate duck.

I suppose the weirdest thing I've ever eaten on pizza is a dessert pizza.............custard cream sauce, covered with thin sliced peaches and a crumble topping, drizzled with a cream cheese sauce. Mmmm, I could definitely go for one of those right now.

Icing-on-Peach-Crumble-Dessert-Pizza.jpg

Wow, I have had several dessert pizzas, but never one with a breaded crust like this. They usually have a cookie or graham cracker base. This looks divine!

Reaction score
20140525-294370-best-deep-dish-pizza-art-of-pizza-primary.jpg
I can eat pizza all day, every day, and the crust is key. Pan crust, or as I am originally from Chicago, there are many nights when I crave a good cheesy slice of deep dish pizza. Yum!!! As for toppings, pepperoni is my staple :) Also, I eat all of my pizza with a side of ranch for dipping.

Ask a Question