Trip to a local bakery

Reaction score
It was a gorgeous sunny day today, so we decided to have a day out. We went to a place called Alderley Edge, and had heard good things about the bakery there - a place called Wienholt's. We went with the aim of just getting a pork pie, ended up getting this lot!!

wienholts.jpg

Contents:

• 1 x large pork pie
  • 1 x mini pork pie for my brother
  • 1 x vanilla slice
  • 1 x custard tart
  • 1 x crunchy flapjack
  • 1 x almond cake covered in chocolate topped with caramelised almonds
  • 2 x danish pastries
Oops! :oops: At least we can put some of it in the freezer. I just ate the vanilla slice and it was divine - the pastry was slightly darker than you usually see, meaning it added a gorgeous caramel flavour. Yum!

Sometimes you've just got to treat yourself :D

Reaction score
It was a gorgeous sunny day today, so we decided to have a day out. We went to a place called Alderley Edge, and had heard good things about the bakery there - a place called Wienholt's. We went with the aim of just getting a pork pie, ended up getting this lot!!

View attachment 1868

Contents:

• 1 x large pork pie
  • 1 x mini pork pie for my brother
  • 1 x vanilla slice
  • 1 x custard tart
  • 1 x crunchy flapjack
  • 1 x almond cake covered in chocolate topped with caramelised almonds
  • 2 x danish pastries
Oops! :oops: At least we can put some of it in the freezer. I just ate the vanilla slice and it was divine - the pastry was slightly darker than you usually see, meaning it added a gorgeous caramel flavour. Yum!

Sometimes you've just got to treat yourself :D

Wow! That’s a haul! I went to their website to get an idea of what’s in the bags. It all looks so yummy. Did you see that cake on their website that looks like white chocolate mousse with the bright strawberries and kiwi in it? That thing is gorgeous! I want to try to make s copycat of that.

Reaction score
Wow! That’s a haul! I went to their website to get an idea of what’s in the bags. It all looks so yummy. Did you see that cake on their website that looks like white chocolate mousse with the bright strawberries and kiwi in it? That thing is gorgeous! I want to try to make s copycat of that.

I saw that cake on the website but they didn't have it on display, it does look good though! It's a lovely design; simple but effective. I'm glad the bakery isn't closer to home, it would be dangerous having it nearby!!

Reaction score
We have no pork pies in the States. I want to try one! I may have to try to bake it myself.

You should definitely try them if you get a chance! They're kinda addictive :D They are made using hot water crust pastry, not sure if that's something you ever see in the USA.

Ask a Question