1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 c. old-fashioned oats
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. milk chocolate chips

Procedures:
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
In a larger mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. They will still look a bit uncooked in the middle but do not overbaked to keep them soft and chewy). Let stand on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing from the pan.
Serve these indulgent Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with a glass of warm milk, tea or coffee.

Reaction score
Those look so good. I am so craving chcolate right now. I wish I had all of the ingredients to make them this instant! I see a shopping trip coming up!

Reaction score
Sigh...that looks sooo good. I won't be able to get all of the ingredients for this for about another two weeks, but you could bet the farm that I will be making these as soon as I can! I usually keep rolled oats in the house, but the chocolate chips and brown sugar I rarely have. I've got imitation vanilla extract, but this would be a good excuse to get the real thing. I wouldn't want to mess this up.

Thanks for the droolings!

Reaction score
Oh my godness...! That looks amazing! The best part is that it contains oatmeal... so I'll not feel as guilty if I decide to bake them :D

Reaction score
This looks really good! I've put chocolate chips in oatmeal cookies before but haven't gone all out with the chocolate like this. I bet these are so tasty...

Reaction score
There's a storebought Dark Chocolate Oatmeal cookie I really like (supposedly it's one of those healthy foods), so I'm hoping this recipe will be like it. Unfortunately I haven't tried it myself yet, because of the heat, but you can bet I will as soon as I can!

Reaction score
so I've tried this recipe three times now, using black cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips, and it always tastes wonderful. I am having trouble with the consistency, though; the first time I made them they were quite soft and all stuck together. The second time, rather dry. The third time, neither particularly soft nor dry but very crumbly. Perhaps the baking time has been varying slightly, but it's hard to imagine the textures coming out so very differently. If anyone else has made them, what was your experience?

Reaction score
That looks DELICIOUS!! I will definitely be trying this recipe this year. I love chocolate and I live oatmeal cookies amd this is a combo of both. I am going to be gaining a lot of weight this holiday season.

Reaction score
That looks really good! I have a strong addiction to chocolate to such a point I contemplated seeking help. I will end up making a dozen of these and eating them all myself.

Reaction score
I am making tjis for Christmas. I just have to make sure I resist eating them before everyone else has a chance to get some.

Reaction score
Interesting recipe. I actually like the taste and texture that oatmeal adds to cookies. I used to shun oatmeal cookies as a kid because I thought my parents were just trying to sneak health food on to me, but once I started trying them I loved them. I'm interested to see how these would taste with that much chocolate in them or if I would even notice the oatmeal at all.

Ask a Question