Vent: if it’s not one thing, it’s another

Reaction score
Arrgh! I haven’t had water in two days! Can’t wash, cook, or even shower!! I had no water when I returned home after the firestorm. But thought it had to do with water demands of fighting the fire. Then water pressure came back. All was well until Saturday. Turns out it’s a pump problem.

A new well was drilled this spring. A new pump installed. The water here is amazing. Clear, clean, and not the least bit hard. Just wish I could have some of it in the house.

Last week it was a leaking drain pipe in the shower. Which the pumber couldn’t fix because he didn’t have the correct wrench. He’s coming back this week. But when I asked what day, he couldn’t tell me!

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm so sorry, that's a real pain. I got by without electricity after the hurricane for a few days, but was glad I had clean running water.

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm so sorry, that's a real pain. I got by without electricity after the hurricane for a few days, but was glad I had clean running water.

I keep forgetting there’s no water. So I keep going to the kitchen sink only to find a trickle. I got totally grossed out when I put cucumbers in a colander to rinse, turned on the faucet and brown water trickled out. Yuck:eek:

Reaction score
Oh dear. Hard to get life back to normal after all that. Hope your pump gets fixed soon. Buy some bottled water for now?

Reaction score
Oh dear. Hard to get life back to normal after all that. Hope your pump gets fixed soon. Buy some bottled water for now?

They are working on it now. They reset the pump yesterday. But of course as soon as they left and I turned the water on to shower, the water stopped flowing again.

The house next to me (all part of the same property and ownership) is supplied by the same pump, so they don’t have water either. They had a large party there this weekend (60 guests) and had to cut it short when the water pump stopped working.

I really think the pumber who came but couldn’t fix my leaking shower drain on Friday broke something. He was banging so hard on the pipe drain trying to remove it the whole house was shaking. This house is a hundred years old. So its not that sturdy. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that shortly after he beat the pipes to death the water stopped working.

Reaction score
Wow a hundred year old house. Sounds lovely. I love the old architecture, the inside woodwork, etc. Course you don't want old pipes! But character is wonderful in a house/home. I lived in one, an old farmhouse, boy would I loved to have stolen the door knobs that place had! I have a great fondness and appreciation for antiques, most of my furniture is antique if not just back to the early 1900's up to about the 50's.

No telling what is wrong, guess you will be investigating this for awhile.

That is terrible what happened to your neighbors. Hope it is resolved soon.

Reaction score
Wow a hundred year old house. Sounds lovely. I love the old architecture, the inside woodwork, etc. Course you don't want old pipes! But character is wonderful in a house/home. I lived in one, an old farmhouse, boy would I loved to have stolen the door knobs that place had! I have a great fondness and appreciation for antiques, most of my furniture is antique if not just back to the early 1900's up to about the 50's.

No telling what is wrong, guess you will be investigating this for awhile.

That is terrible what happened to your neighbors. Hope it is resolved soon.

Since the land is used for viticulture, older homes are pretty much the norm around here. The county has never allowed housing developers to come in and build on the land. Even in town, the homes are older as the surrounding land is all under cultivation. There’s no place to build a housing development. There are newer homes tucked way back on the hills. But they are all individual homes.

I grew up in an Edwardian style home that was built around 1930. So I like the look and feel of older homes.

I went out to run errands and just got home. The water is on, so I hope that means they figured out the problem and actually fixed it this time.

====

The foreman just texted to say they haven’t figured out the problem. Could be the pump at the well instead of the regulator next to the house. So the water will most likely go out again. I still think that pumber broke or cracked a water pipe.

Last edited:

Ask a Question