Do You Still Buy Recipe Books?

Reaction score
Pretty rarely, I have to say. I like to think of myself as a bit of a minimalist, so I try and keep possessions to a minimum. I have a few cookbooks that I adore, but as for buying new ones it would have to be one that I know I would get the use from, and something that was beautiful to look at with great food photography.

For the most part these days if I am looking for recipe inspiration though I tend to check online. There's so many free resources out there that I would rather utilize those than buying a new book.

Reaction score
When I was not still married I remembered every payday I allocate a certain part of my salary to buy a recipe book. That is why I had invested books for cooking main dishes, sweets and desserts and baking cakes and pastries. I had it all to be covered nicely so that it will last a lifetime. That is why up to now that I am married already they all still look new. I am very organized with my books putting them to bookshelves after every use. My recipe books are very useful to me in my cooking and baking.

Reaction score
Thinking real hard I guess the last recipe book i purchased was for my daughter. I honestly don't bother with the hassle of searching the shelves for recipe books; whenever I need to find me a recipe I go searching online and I tend to find more creative ideas there.

Reaction score
My latest new one arrived yesterday. And I have plunged head first into it and the first recipe is being cooked as I type this. (Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen) I bought it after an extensive session on her website which made me want to do so much cooking that I was certain the book would be great and I was not wrong.

I am careful with what I purchase, but I purchase them at least once a month.

Reaction score
My mother has passed along several of hers to me, since she doesn't do much cooking and baking these days. I have a nice collection, besides the fact that you can find any recipe you want online. I don't really need to purchase recipe books any more, but if one catches my eye, I would consider it. It would probably be one with fancy desserts.

Ask a Question