Favorite Upside-Down Cakes

Reaction score
What's your favorite fruit to line the bottom with? Er, that is I mean...the top...

I've recently discovered Brazilian bolo de banana cake, which is just like it says, an upside-down cake with banana. Okay, I don't know any Spanish, so "bolo" probably doesn't really mean "upside-down". In any case, I'm tempted to adjust the recipe to make it like an upside-down banoffee cake, although it really tastes just great on its own.

Some technically upside-down cakes don't even use fruit, but just stick (er, that is I mean...unstick) to caramel, custard, or caramel custard. Gelatin might even work just as well!

Reaction score
I love pineapple upside down cake, but I also like to do it with peaches. I have also done upside down cake with fresh apples in the bottom. My favorite pineapple upside down cake is done using a lemon cake mix,, I use a 9x12 baking dish when I use a boxed cake mix. I also do an upside down cake using just the brown sugar and nuts and butter in the bottom so it is like a caramel drizzling ove the edges when you turn it out. yum.

Ask a Question