Honey Cake (Honey Almond Cake)

Reaction score
I call it Honey Almond Cake because it has almonds both on top and also in the mix, but the King Arthur Flour site calls it Honey Cake. I made it this morning, and it came out delicious. I didn't have sliced almonds, so I used slivered almonds. The substitution didn't make a difference taste wise, although I do prefer the look of the sliced almonds in their picture. I also didn't use two types of flour. I had all purpose, and that's what I used, without any noticeable deterioration in quality or taste. Here's a link to the recipe, in case anyone would like to try making it. I found the recipe to be fairly easy. It has a distinct honey flavor, and although some of the comments mentioned that it's not sweet, I found it to be just right. I think it would be perfect with hot tea.

(I had a slight mishap, dropped the powdered sugar sifter, so that was a little messy, but there's no company coming, so it doesn't matter.)

Attachments

• Honey Almond Cake small.jpg
    Honey Almond Cake small.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 519
Reaction score
Looks delicious! I've never tried making a honey cake before, I definitely want to give it a try sometime.

Reaction score
Looks delicious! I've never tried making a honey cake before, I definitely want to give it a try sometime.

I'd never tried it before either, but for some reason, the recipe just called to me. I'm so glad I made it, and will definitely make it again. It's a dense cake. People commented on the recipe that it wasn't all that sweet, but it was plenty sweet for me. It's thicker than typical cake (like birthday cake), so would be o.k. for road trips or camping trips, as well.

Ask a Question