orea balls

Reaction score
Well as some of you know - I really love oreos!!

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
3/4-1 pkg cream cheese, soften to room temp.
1 pkg. white almond bark
*Finely crush the entire Oreos. Put aside 1/3 cup and the rest goes in a large mixing bowl.
(Instead of topping with the crushed oreos you can also top with colorful sprinkles)

*Drop in 3/4 of the cream cheese brick and mix well. These need to roll up into balls.
* Roll into equal bite-sized shaped balls. Put them on a cookie sheet or container that will fit in your freezer. I keep them close but not touching. If you want to skip the freezer step then at least put them in the fridge so they chill and don't fall apart when you dip them.
*Freeze for 1-2 hours before dipping in melted chocolate. I stick a toothpick in each ball right before dipping. Once I put the dipped cake ball on the pan I pull out the toothpick. Sometimes it doesn't come right out so I use another toothpick to help guide it out.
*Melt chocolate in the microwave or in a little electric melting pot. I only melt 1/4-1/2 pkg at a time so it doesn't harden while I'm dipping. Over the coarse of dipping, you can rewarm and melt more in the same container. For this one batch you probably will only use about 1/4 of the bar but you always have to melt more than what is needed so you have enough to dip.
*As you finish dipping, put each one on a aluminum foil lined pan.

Reaction score
Oreo balls are YUM, but I hate that evil 'almond bark' (what does that even mean??) so I just make a thin powdered sugar glaze, dip them in that and roll them in crumbs.
I use Newman-Os or Trader Joe's Joe Joes because they are slightly less bad for me.

Reaction score
I used to mke theese all the time. they are a big hit a party. They are so easy to make and travel very well. I don't use almond bark, I use the wiltons chocolate melts they come in all sort of flavors.

Reaction score
I love, LOVE Oreo balls! My husband makes these every year right before Christmas. We usually pack up a pan full for every house we go to at Christmas as well. Oh yeah, there's nothing like an Oreo ball and a glass of milk!!

Reaction score
You know, not only have I never made them but I've actually never tried them, either! They sound like they'd be good, though I agree about maybe switching out the almond bark for something else.

Reaction score
Wow these sound really good. I have never heard of this recipe before. It looks pretty simple to make thanks for sharing. I am going to have to try these.

Ask a Question