Cookie Recipe Mishap: Need Salvage Advice

Reaction score
Hello amateurs and professionals! I lead a group of 70 adults, and we made a cookie recipe for them for Christmas and added cookie cutters with it. After handing them out last night, I realized that I added the sugar that was supposed to be added by the user at home to cream with butter into the bag that I gave them! This now means that they can't cream the sugar with the butter because it's already mixed in with the flour, baking powder and salt. Is there anyway to salvage this and save face with these people? I hope I didn't just waste 50 pounds of flour… Thank you!

Reaction score
Hello amateurs and professionals! I lead a group of 70 adults, and we made a cookie recipe for them for Christmas and added cookie cutters with it. After handing them out last night, I realized that I added the sugar that was supposed to be added by the user at home to cream with butter into the bag that I gave them! This now means that they can't cream the sugar with the butter because it's already mixed in with the flour, baking powder and salt. Is there anyway to salvage this and save face with these people? I hope I didn't just waste 50 pounds of flour… Thank you!

It’s not the end of the world. Creaming butter and sugar is just a way of aerating the dough. It’s actually mechanical leavening. Since it’s not a cake recipe it’s not going to be that bad.

The cookies will be a little bit denser and you won’t to get as many cookies from the batch. You might get three or four cookies less.

Just have them whip the butter; add the eggs and extract; then add the dry ingredients. Chill the dough 30 min. Then bake.

Ask a Question