Milk Bar Cakes

Reaction score
Has anyone baked any of the milk bar cakes from Christina Tosi's Milk Bar cookbook? I am fascinated by these cakes and the complexity level of them. I am trying to decide whether to order the 2011 or 2012 republication of the book. They are the same book, but for some reason it was republished a year later. I am just wondering if some typos were fixed, and if so, I would rather get the latest version. Does anyone know? Also, if anyone has baked any of her recipes, could you give me your opinion? Thanks.

Reaction score
Try to get the latest version whenever possible, they will have fixed some of the previous errors! Not a bad idea before a high-stakes baking project to check the website for the book(author or publisher) for errata before starting, since the average cookbook is published with many mistakes.

Reaction score
Try to get the latest version whenever possible, they will have fixed some of the previous errors! Not a bad idea before a high-stakes baking project to check the website for the book(author or publisher) for errata before starting, since the average cookbook is published with many mistakes.
Thank you. I will.

Reaction score
Has anyone baked any of the milk bar cakes from Christina Tosi's Milk Bar cookbook? I am fascinated by these cakes and the complexity level of them. I am trying to decide whether to order the 2011 or 2012 republication of the book. They are the same book, but for some reason it was republished a year later. I am just wondering if some typos were fixed, and if so, I would rather get the latest version. Does anyone know? Also, if anyone has baked any of her recipes, could you give me your opinion? Thanks.
Tosi’s baked goods were all the rage for a
moment in time because she based them on childhood nostalgia. But that nostalgia was based on poor quality ingredients like sprinkles and overprocessed sugary cereal. There is a reason they are no longer in demand.

Reaction score
Tosi’s baked goods were all the rage for a
moment in time because she based them on childhood nostalgia. But that nostalgia was based on poor quality ingredients like sprinkles and overprocessed sugary cereal. There is a reason they are no longer in demand.
Thank you.

Ask a Question