Cocoa Butter Chocolate Brownie Cookies

Reaction score
This is probably one of the most expensive cookies I make and that's because the cost of pure food grade quality cocoa butter is high. But I still love these cookies.

Reaction score
Ooooh - I bet these are amazing! I often feel that for special occasions it's nice to shell out a bit more to make something a bit more indulgent/fancy - I have no idea what food grade cocoa butter would cost locally here, but I will have to look into it!

Reaction score
I agree, these sound delicious and rich. I would save for special occasions, and try to get the original ingredients, rather than substituting, at least for the first time I made them. After tasting them, if I didn't think the high end ingredients made that much of a difference, I'd substitute those I had on hand.

Reaction score
They sound tasty. The actual look of them doesn't look as appetizing to me, but with the high end ingredients they are most likely delicious regardless of the look.

Reaction score
They sound tasty. The actual look of them doesn't look as appetizing to me, but with the high end ingredients they are most likely delicious regardless of the look.
They taste far better than they look. The reason they don't look so appetizing is because of the cocoa butter. The cocoa butter makes them lighter in color. If you replace the cocoa butter with dairy butter, they will be much darker in color.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm used to using regular dairy butter. I might just give the cocoa butter a shot though to see how it tastes. Thanks for the post and response.

Reaction score
I see cocoa butter and I think of something to rub on my skin. I honestly have a lot to learn. I like the look of the cookie but it calls for things that might be difficult to source or quite pricey. It looks good but it not something I might be trying anytime soon.

Ask a Question