Creative Dessert Idea for College Project

Reaction score
Hi I'm doing a project for my college English class in which we have to take an essay that we've done and turn the essay message into a creative piece of art. We're allowed to make baked goods for this and that's what I would like to do. My essay was on the dangers of cosmetic surgery. I think I'd like to do breast implant-like raindrop cake or some sort of clear gelatin, covered with nude colored icing and maybe something where when you cut into it, some red "blood" comes out, symbolizing the dangers of the breast implant.

That's just one idea that I had for this project and I was wondering if anybody had any good ideas for this project.

(I honestly don't have much against breast implants, but I had to do a controversial topic for my essay.)

Reaction score
What other essay subjects have you written about?

I think the breast implant idea is a good one, as I would be extremely interested to see a picture of the finished product and how you got it to look like you want it to look.

Reaction score
Are you sure that a college class is the right environment to bring in jiggly food that looks like breasts?

Reaction score
Controversial but I do think I'd like to see something like this attempted, it's very interesting.

Thinking quickly, I have two ideas.

1 - flat sponge in a round shape, and maybe use a jelly on top to get a breast shape. How to get a spill-out filling though, I'm not sure.

2 - Perhaps a white chocolate dome for the breast, that you could melt by pouring a hot chocolate sauce over it and inside you see an implant? (maybe a smaller chocolate egg, or some kind of cake-pop?)

Maybe off topic- I feel like cosmetic surgery has a place and can be fantastic when it's something that affects people's confidence or self-esteem. I love watching the show "Botched" and how happy & confident the patients are when the surgeons are able to help them fix a problem.

Ask a Question