Discover the Convenience of Immersion Blenders

Reaction score
I hadn't even HEARD of these (somehow!) until about a year or so ago, and now I don't know how I ever lived without them. I originally bought one to use for my soap-making (yeah, I make soap too -- I am reaching for domestic godhood :p) and it worked so well for that I absolutely HAD to get one for my baking and WOW how convenient are they?

They're so much less troublesome and easy to clean than traditional blenders or food processors or mixers, and unless you're trying to blend something especially hard and chunky they do a fantastic job. They're probably one of my favorite fancy gadgets.

Reaction score
I could not survive without my immersion blender! I make a ton of soups and use it often to naturally thicken the soups by blending potatoes and/or beans in my mixture rather than adding flour or something else to make it thick. I just stick it into my soup pot at the end and it makes whatever ingredients are in there smooth and velvety! It works great for chowders as well.

Reaction score
I've been meaning to get a better one of these. I have a really basic Braun stick blender that I bought back in 1995 (geesh!) but it really doesn't work well at all and I lost the few attachments that came with it to "whip" and mix stuff. I think it was just designed poorly, because it doesn't draw anything into it towards the blade, so it doesn't really mix well. I have to keep stabbing it around the pan and it only blends in small spots.

The ones I see them using on TV seem to do a much better job of mixing everything in the pan. What brands do you all use?

Reaction score
I actually have a Braun and I love it. I'm not making huge batches of soup so I never find that it's doing a sub-par job at blending. I do have the whip attachment as well but I've never given it a try because I do have one of those full-size Kitchen Aid mixers.

Ask a Question