Marbling

Reaction score
I really like the idea of marbling a color in a cake batter, but I'm not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I separate the batter into 2/3 and 1/3. Then I "color" the 1/3 with chocolate. This is for chocolate and vanilla marbling. If I'm doing more colors then I just divide the batter somewhat evenly among the colors I'll be using.

Then it's just a matter of pouring a bit of the vanilla batter then taking some chocolate batter with a spoon and letting it fall over the vanilla as I swirl the spoon around. Then I keep layering chocolate and vanilla.

When I use different colors I use the spoon/swirl technique with the 1st color without covering the bottom of the pan, then I keep alternating colors filling in gaps as I go.

A "tiedye" technique I also like is to pour the colors in "strips" and then using a knife to cut through perpendicular into each other.

Not sure if I explained myself well.

Reaction score
I think I understand what you are saying. I'll have to try that with the chocolate and vanilla sometime soon.

A friend of mine was trying to do green marbling in a white cake, so that got me thinking.

Reaction score
It's very easy, my first ''marbling'' experience was with a cake from a box ;) Try it! It's fun! All I had to do is pour the vanilla batter in the mold, take a spoon and pour some chocolate batter in it... I swirled it a bit. Turned out gorgeous!

Reaction score
I dont know if you've tried rainbow cake in a jar but it's sort of easy and fun too. You just use a half tablespoon of batter and pour it in the jar alternating colors without tapping the jar. You have to be careful though because too much will rise and go over the edges of the jar.

Reaction score
I saw the marble title and thought it was something to do with the toy marbles:). Just kidding. the only marble cake I have done is one that came from a box. I don't think I could have made any mistakes. If and when revisited but from scratch, I could see myself just fooling around and doing my own fun things with the cake.

Reaction score
There are many different ways to do this as you see from all of the various replies. My favorite way is to choose the batter you are going to use as your base and get that in the cake pan. You then pour in the color to marble with and take a meat skewer and then swirl around the color with that. Very simple technique.

Reaction score
I tried the swirling technique before, it also works great with cheese pies ;) I love it! I did that with a chocolate mix I made myself, it was so tasty and looked so beautiful. You can get the most beautiful pattern if you do this right :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads