Making Delicious Bacon Chocolate Bars

Reaction score
Hello!
I am brand new to this forum and very excited to be here! I have been working on bacon chocolate bars. My question is what would the best tasting way to make the chocolate and any ideas for spices or other things to add to my bars to give other favors. I know of sea salt and use that but I really would like smoked sea salt but haven't been able to find any. I know there are ways to make it.... Also the way I have been making the chocolate is with semi-sweet chips and white wafers with a little bit of crisco. But it seems I have to keep them refrigerated or they become too soft. If there are any impute for any of these I would greatly appreciate the comments! Thank you! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Reaction score
Hopefully you are using fully cooked bacon for your chocolate bars. Or freeze dried bacon. If you use anything else, aside from fake bacon, it could go rancid in the chocolate.

I would suggest to NOT use any fats in your chocolate, as the bacon has fat in it, even though it may all be cooked out previous to mixing with the chocolate. Fats mixed with chocolates will make them soft, as it destroys the hardening ingredients in the mixture.

I would suggest using dark chocolate, without any fat added.

If you want to add something else to the mix, here are some suggestions that work with chocolate and bacon....together or separately....

Dried chilies
Pecans
Garlic granules (freeze dried garlic bits)
Dried Cranberries
Dried Strawberries
Orange or Lime zest

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Yes I use fully cooked bacon. I figured the crisco was maybe the cause of the chocolate being soft. I was thinking dark chocolate would be the way to go too. And also bring out better flavors. Thank you so much for all your suggestions they help a lot! Would you suggest just using the dark chocolate without any of the white melting wafers?

Reaction score
Yes I use fully cooked bacon. I figured the crisco was maybe the cause of the chocolate being soft. I was thinking dark chocolate would be the way to go too. And also bring out better flavors. Thank you so much for all your suggestions they help a lot! Would you suggest just using the dark chocolate without any of the white melting wafers?

Well, I love unadulterated dark chocolate. But you can try it with and without, and see which one is more popular.

Reaction score
I was going to suggest chilli as a complementary flavour to bacon but ChesterV beat me to it! My other suggestion would be caramel - either hard or soft.

Reaction score
For dark chocolate 60% does anyone suggest I use any white melting wafers with it?

Reaction score
For dark chocolate 60% does anyone suggest I use any white melting wafers with it?

If you are going to use that dark of a chocolate, then I would say yes. Use a few wafers in it.
Chocolate that dark tends to be on the bitter side and most people don't like it bitter.

Reaction score
sorry I just like my bacon with eggs mostly or wrapped around something :)

so i guess I'm no help at all

and welcome to the Board Tara :)

Ask a Question